News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Red Army Trooper

byf

Thanks for the kind words men. WWII Soviet gear is hard to find, but this guy does look pretty good. I would love to find a WWII Telgrieka some day and a real helmet to go with it, I'll keep dreaming.

byf

Model 1941 Telogreika. Early variation with lay down collar and lower pockets. This type was usually adorned with collar tabs. However, this particular example is not, and never was. Note the German buttons. They were present when I obtained this piece. I decided to leave them be as I assumed that they were probably period replaced. The normal buttons were made of a brittle celluloid and I assume they just did not hold up very well in the field.

Helmet is a Model 1940.

Edited by RichieC

Model 1941 Telogreika. Mid/late war variation with stand up collar. These are the most common. Officers sometimes applied shoulder boards after 1943. This example still retains it's original buttons.

Helmet is a Model 1939 with frontal applied star/hammer & sickle.

Edited by RichieC