News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Wurttemberg Friedrich's Orden - a few questions

Hello,

I have a few questions on the Wurttemberg Friedrichsorder, especially about the 1 e class with swords.

* are they always made out of Gold, or do they also exist in gilded silver?

* are there producers known?, iff yes, how can one distinguish the differences between these?

* are there lists published from teh recipients?

* These are probably only for "Hauptleute & Majors"?

Probably a few stupid questions but once in a bit of time we need to expand our knowledge (as im am normally looking at Zink pieces ;))

Cordial greetings + thanks for the help,

Edited by Stijn David

A) Yes. Yes.

B) Yes. No.

C) This one I do not know the answer too, but I have no recollection of a W?rttemberg only recipient list.

D) Yes.

Oh yes, There's also:

E) You'll have a lot of competition for the bar you're looking at ;>)

Hello Rick,

Thank you for the reply. Here is the award wich i am asking info on.

How can one distinguish iff it is gold, are these Wurttembergers marked ?

No names or lists known? How did then for example the number of awards did become known (there where iff i remember correctly about 1300 awarded ?

So the former wearer was at least either a Hauptmann or a Major.

Does anyone know whatfor where these awarded?, bravery in the face of the enemy or for merit?

Cordial greetings,

No Photo Stijn... ? if there are swords attached, then it's a "combat" award. Sans swords, peacetime. Often you can tell by "appearance", but weight is still the best way to determine. In gold, it is hollow and significantly lighter than a silver-gilt piece. No hallmarks on these that I have seen as of yet.

Hello Rick,

No picture at this very time (these will come within time), there are swords attached and it is part of a big medal bar. So a weight determination will not be a option (as i do not want to destroy such a beautifull object).

Cordial greetings,

Guest Rick Research

They went from gold to silver gilt some time around 1911, so no WW1 Order will be gold unless it was a turned in and reissued one from much earlier.

I don't have a WF3aX, but here is my last-years-of-peace WF3a and it is silver-gilt:

[attachmentid=25404]

Hello,

Excellent additions => just love it. Thanks already towards the persons who have replyed.

I have questioned a bit arround and did come up with the following, indeed 3 types of attachement do exist.

1) Smal rings on top of the order (loose swords) = Hauptmunzamt Stuttgart

2) Swords soldered at top of the order = Eduard Foehr

3) 3 smalle segments besides each other (loose swords)

(Thanks in this towards Mr. Bretzendorfer & the website : Kunsho)

Cordial greetings and thanks :cheers:

3) 3 small segments besides each other (loose swords)

I think this is the maker Otto Wennberg, or? I have this one which was made by him and identified by Uwe Bretzendorfer.

Swords and "F" are made from yellow gold, the medaillon discs are made from red gold.

Edited by JensF.