News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

“Vein” approach to dating Rising Sun Orders: a DaNgErOuS pAtH

JapanX

• Replies 215
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope these two pieces will give a clear idea about "Meiji shade" and "Showa shade".

But the real highlight of our today broadcasting will be this very interesting piece from Meiji epoch.

The box

and now I want to show you how instable this reverse inscription and veins geography even in case of two practically identical pieces from Meiji. Here comes close relative of Meiji piece that we saw in posts #146-150.

Box (nice new script ;))

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Paul’s group of four to Private Kawamura Manjiro (looks like he get his 8th class for Tsingtao operation at the start of the WWI (?), but I don’t know the exact date ;)) from WWI has same type of order (I wonder what kind of reverse inscription this order has).

Off the topic of the thread but, this is a GREAT bar for a gent who was at the Tsingtau campaign (August - November 7th, 1914).

:love:

• 1 month later...