News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Novice Yank with questions on hat and EK

Hey Gents -

I've been away for awhile, and living in the US-collecting arena. I recently decided, though, to add a couple German items to the collection to serve as bringback items in my displays. I picked up this hat and have no idea what outfit it relates to. Also, an Iron Cross, which I hope is good. Any thoughts appreciated!

Edited by Nack

well, the EK looks wonderful- I love the original ribbon. I'd snap it up in a heartbeat. It is magnetic?

The hat seems to be a standard army cap with the Bavarian cockade sewn. I know zero about hats. sorry.

well, the EK looks wonderful- I love the original ribbon. I'd snap it up in a heartbeat. It is magnetic?

The hat seems to be a standard army cap with the Bavarian cockade sewn. I know zero about hats. sorry.

Thanks! I thought it was pretty nice, with some character. I'm not sure if it's magnetic or not - I'll check that out.

From my limited surfing about the internet, it looks like the hat may be a mine service or railroad hat? This is wayyy outside my sphere of knowledge.

I grabbed a magnet - the cross is attracted by a magnet. The ring has a maker mark on the ring (I presume) of either M or 3 I think.

Edited by Nack

The cap is not military. I think it is a railway employee's. The bottom cockade is original to the cap. The top one is very poorly added.

Chip

Thanks, Chip. I'm in the dark as to this stuff, so the help is greatly appreciated.

• 5 years later...
    • 5 months later...