News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Deputy Badges

GlennC

• 1 month later...
    • 3 weeks later...

I have seen similar badge before, I don't like it at all, if you will compare quality of lower assembly badge you will see big difference. It doesn't look like MD quality badge.

I have seen similar badge before, I don't like it at all, if you will compare quality of lower assembly badge you will see big difference. It doesn't look like MD quality badge.

I know, Glenn. Discussed this with Bat. While he is not 100% sure, he thinks these are real. The jury is out, but one (big) vote is in.

Well, my 2 cents is while the quality is certainly different... other aspects conform. Since these were made over an extended period of time, could this simply be a variation? That coal-black patina is not something you'll see achieved artificially in my experience with silver....

Are there differences? Yes.

The "Higher Assembly" badge is less rich in enamel color (does this make sense) and feels older. Is it a matter of wear of manufacture? Or . . . ??

What are the differences in the legend? Must find out!

More questions than answers just now.

Edited by Ed_Haynes

The serial numbers are even harder to photograph and the images will be even worse (sorry). It may be time to drag out the old SLR? Or borrow my wife's microscope??

Left - "higher" - 63, very shallow

Right - "lower" - 161, really close to the flagpole, but you may have to take my word on this

Sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking about this.... I believe we simply have 2 very different eras for each example. The one on the right being the (much) earlier piece.....

Notice the differences in the lettering/script on the flags. As with all of the deputy badges from each republic. The shape of the flag, the pole and the image of the flag itself varied greatly over time...

I was thinking about this.... I believe we simply have 2 very different eras for each example. The one on the right being the (much) earlier piece.....

Notice the differences in the lettering/script on the flags. As with all of the deputy badges from each republic. The shape of the flag, the pole and the image of the flag itself varied greatly over time...

But the legends are quite different (whatever they say).

It's not the flag that counts, it's the soyombo.

From 1945 on, there is a red star on top of the soyombo to signify the victory over Japan.

Hetnce the type 1 badge should be a pre 1945 one :P

Jan

You obviously mean a yellow star.

Dolf

• 4 months later...