Gentleman's Military Interest Club
GlennC

Deputy Badges

Ed,

Would you please move this post to the proper thread?

Thank You,

Doc

Ed, let me know if you need help merging....

Would be happy to do so -- and would have done so already -- but I do not have moderator rights over here. :(

Ed,

Thanks for trying!! How's the trip going? Are you still roaming the world or are you back home? I'd love to hear about your trip!!!

Regards,

Doc

Well . . . it ought to exist?

Deputy of the State Higher Assembly (1924-44)

Silver. Mintmark "МД". Number 63.

Don't know . . . :unsure:

I have seen similar badge before, I don't like it at all, if you will compare quality of lower assembly badge you will see big difference. It doesn't look like MD quality badge.

I have seen similar badge before, I don't like it at all, if you will compare quality of lower assembly badge you will see big difference. It doesn't look like MD quality badge.

I know, Glenn. Discussed this with Bat. While he is not 100% sure, he thinks these are real. The jury is out, but one (big) vote is in.

Well, my 2 cents is while the quality is certainly different... other aspects conform. Since these were made over an extended period of time, could this simply be a variation? That coal-black patina is not something you'll see achieved artificially in my experience with silver....

From this pic the red enamel doesn't seem of the same kind as the one on B 01 (am I right, Ed?), but anyway, it's still a very nice Badge!

Congrats, Ed! :beer:

Dolf

Ed,

Can you show close up of MD mark and serial number on this badge.

Ed,

Can you show close up of MD mark and serial number on this badge.

Will try to do so. It eludes scanning, though.

Will also do some comparative shots with the lower assembly badge.

Are there differences? Yes.

The "Higher Assembly" badge is less rich in enamel color (does this make sense) and feels older. Is it a matter of wear of manufacture? Or . . . ??

What are the differences in the legend? Must find out!

More questions than answers just now.

Edited by Ed_Haynes

I apologize for lousy photos of the reverse. Heavy pre-Ernesto rain precludes outside photography.

Mintmarks. "Higher" on left, "lower" on right.

I don't know if these lousy photos will tell you anything?!

The serial numbers are even harder to photograph and the images will be even worse (sorry). It may be time to drag out the old SLR? Or borrow my wife's microscope??

Left - "higher" - 63, very shallow

Right - "lower" - 161, really close to the flagpole, but you may have to take my word on this

Sorry.

I was thinking about this.... I believe we simply have 2 very different eras for each example. The one on the right being the (much) earlier piece.....

Notice the differences in the lettering/script on the flags. As with all of the deputy badges from each republic. The shape of the flag, the pole and the image of the flag itself varied greatly over time...

I was thinking about this.... I believe we simply have 2 very different eras for each example. The one on the right being the (much) earlier piece.....

Notice the differences in the lettering/script on the flags. As with all of the deputy badges from each republic. The shape of the flag, the pole and the image of the flag itself varied greatly over time...

But the legends are quite different (whatever they say).

Yes, but if you can identify when Mongolia made the changes in its' flag, wouldn't that tell us an approximate era for each style of badge?

Hi ed, how come that site shows no flag like the one on the T1 Deputy Badges?? Or am I just dense and missing it???

Never a national flag. Just a (recurrent) red flag image, a generic?

Edited by Ed_Haynes

It's not the flag that counts, it's the soyombo.

From 1945 on, there is a red star on top of the soyombo to signify the victory over Japan.

Hetnce the type 1 badge should be a pre 1945 one :P

Jan

It's not the flag that counts, it's the soyombo.

From 1945 on, there is a red star on top of the soyombo to signify the victory over Japan.

Hetnce the type 1 badge should be a pre 1945 one :P

Jan

You obviously mean a yellow star.

Dolf