News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Deputy Badges

GlennC

Probably, but isn't it great the Mongolia section has progressed to raise such questions - we've certainly come a long way already from "hey, i have a polar star with the serial number at 7 'o clock instead of 6 'o clock" :cheeky: And on top, more and more often we are seeing groups / singles where the "story" behind it is know (I'm in process of getting the 2 groups I posted a while ago which have the recipient posted in the blue bible translated).

Things are only getting better and better :cheers:

Think the blue one is something else?

I think it is a deputat doc...

On the first page of the doc near the bottom it says the usual stuff you'd expect.

Ardin khural deputat.....etc.

JC

It's really getting fun isn't it...

I should post my recently acquired group, 17 doc, 5 order (including red star) D05 Chekist group...

Just too many damn pictures!!! :jumping:

JC

It's really getting fun isn't it...

I should post my recently acquired group, 17 doc, 5 order (including red star) D05 Chekist group...

Just too many damn pictures!!! :jumping:

JC

What? :jumping: You haven't posted yet??? :speechless1:

Show show show! :cheers:

• 1 year later...

Many of us believe the Mongolian Deputy badge illustrated below pertains to the 1990-1992 period. This confusion is rooted in Battushig's book that describe this badge as belonging to this period. We must be thankful to Battushig for paving the way in this area but we also should make things correct if there is a need for this. This particular badge was issued to members of the State Great Khural (parliament) of the Mongolian People's Republic from 1951-1959 and NOT from 1990-1992. The State Small khural cased to exist in 1949 and it was succeeded by the State Great Khural that kept this name and structure until 1960.

Therefore the badge was issued from 1951-1959. The text on the obverse of the badge reads "Deputy of the State Great Khural of the MPR". According to the archival information, the new Presidium of the State Great Khural made an order to produce 1000 such badges at the Moscow Mint in February 1951. The badges serial numbered from 1-1000 were received in 1952 and they were used for by the deputies until 1960 when a new Constitution restructured the State Great Khural into People's Great Khural.

post-6190-057983800 1292074341_thumb.jpg

The reverse...

BTW, in Battushig’s book, page 74, the reverses of the two deputy badges were mispositioned adding to the confusion. In reality, the actual reverse for B.02 is B.04-R and the reverse of B. 04 is B. 02-R. The screw plate “Mondvor” on the badge in B. 02-R does not belong to this badge. The reverse should look line the one we see below (made of gold-plated silver).

post-6190-033099200 1292074891_thumb.jpg

Tsend thanks for the new information.

I would just like to point out one thing though... I have the badge (pinback serial #1001)from DR.Battushig's book sitting infront of me now and B04-R belongs to B03 and not B02. I will post pictures when I can.

Thanks

JC

It turns out I also have the B02 from Dr. Battushig's book and the front and back do NOT match...

This is getting fun. The reverse of badge Serial #0784 as seen in picture B02-R matches the front seen in picture B04.

So to sum up.

Badge #1001 B03 front and B04-R reverse

Badge #0784 B04 front and B02-R reverse

And last but not least, my B02 obverse is in fact a pinback and not a screw back although this badge isn't from Dr. B's book.

OK,

From research and observations, I would put them this way:

B 01: Deputy of State Small Khural. Variation 1: mint marked and Variation 2: without the mintmark. (circa 1940-1950) Both Variations have screwback reverse. The other this type badges (with a Soyombo on the obverse) shown in this tread are fakes and reproductions.

Then I would put Deputy of the State Great Khural (circa 1951-1960). I have seen just one type of this badge with a screwback reverse. The picture of the badge is depicted previously. The serial number ranges from 0001-1000. But the Chairman of the SGH Bumtsend in his letter to the Mongolian Embassy in Moscow dated in February 1951, he requests the 100 of such badges be made with a pin back reverse. Therefore, there is a possibility of the same badges to have a pinback reverse. But I have never seen this type of badges with the pinback reverse. Anybody has it? Please post.

Then I put the badge of the Deputy of the People's Great Khural (circa 1960-1988). The badge is coded as B.03 in Bat's book. It has two variations: Variation one 1 has a screwback reverse and Variation 2 has a pinback reverse. The badges of both variations have a consecutive serial numbers. Below are the scans of the badges of both variations.

Then I put the badge of the Deputy of the People's Great Khural (circa 1960-1988). The badge is coded as B.03 in Bat's book. It has two variations: Variation one 1 has a screwback reverse and Variation 2 has a pinback reverse. The badges of both variations have a consecutive serial numbers. Below are the scans of the badges of both variations.

post-6190-037041200 1292131473_thumb.jpg

post-6190-041803700 1292131490_thumb.jpg

post-6190-081529200 1292133202_thumb.jpg

Badge of the People's Deputy (1988-1992). Battushig coded this as B 02. The badge has the same inscription "Deputy of the People's Great Khural" but in smaller fonts and with the darker color enamel and slightly large in size than Type 3 badge. The has only one variation which has a pinback reverse. The scans below show the obverse and reverse of the badge.

post-6190-096500800 1292133793_thumb.jpg

post-6190-087962300 1292133894_thumb.jpg

This badge (coded as B 05 in Bat's book) was issued to 76 members of the Mongolian newly elected democratic parliament in 1992. Therefore, the badge is one of the rarest in this type series. The Old Mongolian inscription says "The members of the State Great Khural". The badge was made in Mongolia. Made of fine enamel and gold-plated silver.

post-6190-081017600 1292135609_thumb.jpg

post-6190-089269700 1292135623_thumb.jpg

It turns out I also have the B02 from Dr. Battushig's book and the front and back do NOT match...

This is getting fun. The reverse of badge Serial #0784 as seen in picture B02-R matches the front seen in picture B04.

So to sum up.

Badge #1001 B03 front and B04-R reverse

Badge #0784 B04 front and B02-R reverse

And last but not least, my B02 obverse is in fact a pinback and not a screw back although this badge isn't from Dr. B's book.

Peterse,

Badge #1001 B03 front and B04-R reverse - The reverse (b 04-R) of the badge depicted belongs to B. 02.

Badge #0784 B04 front and B02-R reverse - You are right. I think that is the case.

Peterse,

Badge #1001 B03 front and B04-R reverse - The reverse (b 04-R) of the badge depicted belongs to B. 02.

Badge #0784 B04 front and B02-R reverse - You are right. I think that is the case.

I am holding the badge in my hand as Im typing this. B03 front belongs to B04R.

JC

PIctures as promised .

B 03 obverse.

I'm having trouble uploading the pictures. The 2nd picture is only 84kb large so it shouldnt be an issue...

I'll keep trying.

JC

post-913-001148400 1292195304_thumb.jpg

Edited by fjcp