News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Deputy Badges

GlennC

reverse of the badge above.

Peterse, thanks for the scans.

I have the same badge that you have posted above. This type coded in Bat's book as B 03. has two variations: Var 1 with a screwback reverse and Var 2 with the pinback. Both variations are posted below:

post-6190-081500600 1292241576_thumb.jpg

post-6190-016484800 1292241593_thumb.jpg

Below are the obverse and reverse scans of the People's Great khural deputees badges. The one on the top is coded as B 03 in Bat's book (no reverse scan is shown in this book for this one) and the one below is coded as B 02 (the reverse of this badge is coded as B 04-R).

If we compare the obverse we can easily see the difference but that is not the case if we look at the reverse. The reverse of B 03 is on the top and the reverse of B02 is below. Both badges have almost identical looking reverse except the overall shape and size of the badge.

post-6190-019897700 1292242590_thumb.jpg

post-6190-094711700 1292242611_thumb.jpg

Then I would put Deputy of the State Great Khural (circa 1951-1960). I have seen just one type of this badge with a screwback reverse. The picture of the badge is depicted previously. The serial number ranges from 0001-1000. But the Chairman of the SGH Bumtsend in his letter to the Mongolian Embassy in Moscow dated in February 1951, he requests the 100 of such badges be made with a pin back reverse. Therefore, there is a possibility of the same badges to have a pinback reverse. But I have never seen this type of badges with the pinback reverse. Anybody has it? Please post.

This is all so very interesting and I think it is great that you have found such detailed information!

My question is this, which of these Deputy Badges should be the most valuable? In the past year or so I have noticed that many dealers sell the Deputy of the State Great Khural for the lowest price.

Cheers,

Will

This is all so very interesting and I think it is great that you have found such detailed information!

My question is this, which of these Deputy Badges should be the most valuable? In the past year or so I have noticed that many dealers sell the Deputy of the State Great Khural for the lowest price.

Cheers,

Will

Will,

I think all of the badges except the Badge of the People's Great Khural coded as B 02 in Bat's book have the price in the same range. B 02 badge is cheaper.

• 5 years later...

Here's a nice researched deputy badge (nr 0069) belonging to Ms. Dorjsereenen Ulzii. Born in 1928. "Elected" to Mongolian Communist Parliament in 1951 from Selenge province. 

I received a translation of the bio of the deputy Ulzii and the pages from the Deputy Registry pertaining to her. Comrade Ulzii qualified for nomination to Mongolia Communist Parliament in terms of her gender (women's quota), age (youth quota) and activism. She was elected to State Great Khural of MPR in 1951 and her term expired in 1954. The recommendation (dated 1953) of the local MPRP on her said that she has distanced herself from the public work, got married a wealthy person and left the "Red corner" after she became the SGH deputy and that therefore, she does not deserve to be renominated. The deputy registry referred to was made in 1954, right at the end of the term. It is an updated list and Comrade Ulzii was now classified as "unemployed". Which is weighty justification to be removed from renomination roster.

A bit more info on Ulzii

Dorjsereenengiin Ulzii

F

Party Candidate

Precinct 5, Orhontuul County, Selenge Province

Unemployed, Orhontuul County

69 is serial nr, 1928 date of birth, 54 refers to nr of livestock

For those interested - data available for deputy badges 1-8 and 61-77.

Longer bio on Ulzii

"Dorjsereenengiin Ulzii

Comrade Ulzii was born in a family of herder Dorjsereenen in Orhontuul county of Selenge province in 1928. Comrade Ulzii spent her childhood helping the parents and finished the primary school.

Comrade Ulzii now works as the head of the “Red Corner” of the Orhontuul county and she fully mobilizes herself in political and public activities taking place in her county. Since taking over the work of the “Red Corner”, she has been consistently improving her knowledge and competency.  She skillfully organizes the work of the “Red Corner” towards making the public familiar with the content of the revolutionary art, party and government policies, news on the international situation and developments in the field of education and science.

The “Red Corner” under the leadership of comrade Ulzii unites 28 voluntary performers divided into 3 art groups. The groups perform on regular basis. In 1950, the “Red Corner” held 61 concerts and 12 lectures. Thanks to the efforts of Comrade Ulzii, the Orkhontuul county “Red Corner” became the best “Red Corner” of the province.

Comrade Ulzii has worked as the Chair of the County Women’s Council for the last several years. She is highly respected by the women of the county for she exerts all her efforts towards increasing the involvement of women in the work of the “Red Corner” and the planned activities of the Orkhontuul county.

Comrade Ulzii is a member of the Mongolian Revolutionary Youth League (MRYL) and she is on a six month probation period as the candidate member of the Mongolian People’s Revolutionary Party since 1950. Ulzii is one of the outstanding members of our glorious youth. She has been devotedly fulfilling the sacred obligations of the member of the party and MRYL.

As one of the best girls of our Motherland, who distinguished herself with her activism and hard work, comrade Ulzii is nominated as the deputy of the State Great Khural of MPR by the herders and workers of Orhontuul county and Orhon state agricultural farm.  

Comrade Ulzii has devoted her life and work for the development of our Motherland.

Comrade voters!

Let’s vote for comrade Ulzii nominated by the coalition of members and non-members of the Party. "

IMG_1757.JPGIMG_1758.JPGUlzii bio.jpg

Awesome Bob. So glad you're still discovering new things!  I liked the youth quota idea, and that she was only around 23 when "elected".  I had a look through my stash and I have # 74 so that one should be researchable. Also have 82... So close

Do I contact the same gentleman who does the herder research? Actually still have two herder badges waiting to hear back about.

Fun stuff!!

Jan

• 4 years later...

Hi Guys, please help with this one bought from a recent auction. 

there is no mint mark, is it authentic? 

28.jpg

28r.jpg

There is another sold at a higher price with a mint mark. I didn't win on this one 

128.jpg

128r.jpg

Just release that No.136 is the one on our textbook...I should have offered higher price. 

• 2 weeks later...

Jan - yes, same source

Lingqi - I saw that auction as well. My assumption was that the item you posted is authentic (I had underbid on it). Found it to be a rather odd auction (strange grouping of mongolian and non-mongolian items in the same lots). Some nice items (low serial nrs) but my auction funds had been deployed already so winded up underbidding on the few items which sparked my interest.

individual photographs of B-04s - 0003, 0671, 0845

B-04.JPG

B-04 R.JPG

P1070887.JPG

P1070888.JPG

P1070879.JPG

P1070883.JPG

B-05

B-05.JPG

B-05 (r).JPG

B-06 - #0031

B-06.JPG

B-06 (r).JPG

I don't have a B-07, but here's the photograph from Dr Battushig's book for information.

P1070872.JPG

now for B-08 - no number, dull finish

B-08.JPG

B-08 R.JPG

A few unusual deputy badges

A B-11 - representative of the capital city (with alternative fixing)

2 unusual coloured B-15s - deputy of the province council with alternative fixing

district representative badge (not in Dr Battushig's book)

small size district representative badge

B-11 (double pin).JPG

B-11 (double pin (r).JPG

B-15 Modern Province Council Badge 1.JPG

B-15 Modern Province Council Badge 1 (r).JPG

B-15 Modern Province Council Deputy 2.JPG

B-15 Modern Province Council Deputy 2 (r).JPG

District Representative Badge.JPG

District Representative  Badge (r).JPG

Small District Badge.JPG

Small District Badge (r).JPG