News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Soviet Coast Guard- Falls under the KGB

Wrong again.

Soviet Coast Guard as you try to convince us - have never existed.

There was Sea Units of KGB Border Troops (State Security Committee)

There was a Sea district guard units of Soviet Navy (Ministry of Defense)

Different tasks, different duties, different ships, different command, different salary, different service time, different responsibility, different norms of supply.

PS. I'm former Soviet KGB Border Troops Sea Units officer and know Soviet Border Guards and Navy organization much better than your expert.

Edited by Komandir RKKA

Komandir RKKA,

you want to tell us, that OVR brigades of the Soviet Fleet didn't exist in the CCCP ??????

Have a look into the documents of captain 1st rank Kandybin:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/11948-captain-1st-rank-ivan-nikolaievich-kandybin/

They are from the archives of the Russian Navy and not from Лубянка !!!!

Maybe there had been some changes in the Russian Federation concerning issues of coast guard, but in the period of CCCP 1945 - 1991 it was, as Dr. Steigleder explained.

Best regards

Christian

Komandir RKKA,

it seems, you haven't had a look into the documents, I presented in my Kandybin-thread.

You want to tell me, that brigade commander Kandybin had been in service of KGB - right?

And that that the Russian naval archives store KGB-files?

Best regards

Christian

The difference is the same as the difference between State border and Sea district conceptions.

Naval Sea district guard unit guards sea areas close to Fleet Navy base.

Hi. Thanks for the explaination. Just to set things straight, the Sea Units of KGB Border Troops and the Sea district guard units of Soviet Navy were two different organizations completely?

Did they have a different insignia from you guys in the State Border services? Did the Naval Sea District Guard wear the standard naval inisignia colors or did they have their own specific colors and insignia?

Christian, thank you. I am glad to see you back.

Paul,

thanks for your welcome :cheers:

KGB naval units of the Border Guard wore regular navy uniforms with only small distinctions (such as green piping on shoulderboards). The flags of the ships and boats of the KGB Border Guard Force had green flags. Have a look (scoll down a bit): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_USSR_navy_flags

The coast guard units of the Soviet Navy had just regular uniforms and flags.

Best regards

Christian

Hi. Thanks for the explaination. Just to set things straight, the Sea Units of KGB Border Troops and the Sea district guard units of Soviet Navy were two different organizations completely?

Did they have a different insignia from you guys in the State Border services? Did the Naval Sea District Guard wear the standard naval inisignia colors or did they have their own specific colors and insignia?

Christian, thank you. I am glad to see you back.

Hi Paul,

The defense of State border during peace time is a State security task - that is why the Soviet KGB (State Security Committee) troops worked on this problem.

But the protection of Fleet bases is one of the everyday military tasks of Navy (part of Ministry of Defense) - that is why Sea district guard units existed in any Soviet Navy base.

And the difference between KGB and SU Navy is the same as the difference between CIA and US Navy.

Different tasks - different offices.

• 2 months later...