News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Persia Order of Nishan-i-limi ( Order of Arts & Science)

Markus

Of course James, all these dealers - they all just like me... :lol:

And it is obvious of course.

24/7 they are busy with replacement process.

Everything that is not green was destroyed.

And this green ribbons ...

I guess there was some manufacturer to satisfy this dealer demand?

Cheers,

Nick

I don't know about ALL dealers, there obviously were some who sell and have sold this decoration with its actual red ribbon.

As for satisfying the demand for green ribbons, not a difficult task. Quite obviously any shade of green, moire, plain of indeed any weave whatever, does fine for the rest.

Cheers,

James

I don't know about ALL dealers, there obviously were some who sell and have sold this decoration with its actual red ribbon.

I guess these were the lazy ones - they either had idea (unlike me :)) or they just couldn't care less :)

Then, from my personal experience "dealing with dealers", we should observe red and multicolor ribbons all over the market.

As for satisfying the demand for green ribbons, not a difficult task. Quite obviously any shade of green, moire, plain of indeed any weave whatever, does fine for the rest.

It's not only the color that matters, it's the ribbon material, the size, the clasp or the tie, etc... Not to mention that some color shades are quite frequent and they are green one and they hold standing lions... And then please take a look at post #13... Looks like these ribbons came from the same manufacturer (as well as orders).

But of course there is a probability that all this ribbons are replacements. I just couldn't imagine such hard-working dealers :)

And I just don't understand why you are so confident, that ALL these ribbons are indeed replacements James...

Well, this last question was a rhetorical one James ;)

Cheers,

Nick

P.S. Could you please post photos of the orders with standing lions on multicolor ribbons, because I'd really like to see them (for a change!)

Edited by JapanX

I guess these were the lazy ones - they either had idea (unlike me :)) or they just couldn't care less :)

Then, from my personal experience "dealing with dealers", we should observe red and multicolor ribbons all over the market.

It's not only the color that matters, it's the ribbon material, the size, the clasp or the tie, etc... Not to mention that some color shades are quite frequent and they are green one and they hold standing lions... And then please take a look at post #13... Looks like these ribbons came from the same manufacturer (as well as orders).

But of course there is a probability that all this ribbons are replacements. I just couldn't imagine such hard-working dealers :)

And I just don't understand why you are so confident, that ALL these ribbons are indeed replacements James...

Well, this last question was a rhetorical one James ;)

Cheers,

Nick

P.S. Could you please post photos of the orders with standing lions on multicolor ribbons, because I'd really like to see them (for a change!)

We are going round in circles.

- it is perfectly obvious that red ribbons belong to this order. You yourself have presented evidence to that effect.

- I have never claimed that the Order of Ilmi had multicoloured ribbons, so you are setting up a straw man.

- it is now pretty clear that the the standing lion is not the Order of Ilmi, but quite possibly the equivalent decoration of the Military War College.

There isn't a lot of point in continuing this discussion. You have a pet theory, not based on anything very much and you want to stick to it. That's fine, but not much use in advancing the discussion or contributing to the subject.

I leave you to it.

Cheers,

James

We are going round in circles.

- it is perfectly obvious that red ribbons belong to this order. You yourself have presented evidence to that effect.

- I have never claimed that the Order of Ilmi had multicoloured ribbons, so you are setting up a straw man.

- it is now pretty clear that the the standing lion is not the Order of Ilmi, but quite possibly the equivalent decoration of the Military War College.

There isn't a lot of point in continuing this discussion. You have a pet theory, not based on anything very much and you want to stick to it. That's fine, but not much use in advancing the discussion or contributing to the subject.

I leave you to it.

Cheers,

James

Well I don't have any theory at all James.

All I've got is yours information regarding different color ribbons for different classes of Lion and Sun orders. From 1872 firman.

Regarding this order arts&science - I observe two color of ribbons - red and green. And both ribbons look authentic to me.

You are thinking that every green ribbon on this order is a replacement (talking about pet theories :) ) and it's perfectly ok with me now, after all your weighty arguments.

"Setting you up"?! I am sorry if you've got that feeling from our discussion. I have no intention to "set you up" :) When I asked you about photos I mean any order (original lion and sun or arts order). I don't have such photos (and regulation for this art&science order). So naturally I asked you if you have ones.

I am afraid nothing is "perfectly obvious" or "pretty clear" with these orders.

All the best,

Nick

Edited by JapanX

• 1 month later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 4 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 7 months later...
    • 10 years later...

A recent miniature bar I had to add to this thread because of the Arthus Bertrand piece on it, I must say its distinct appearance is quite interesting :) (I also have a liking for the Swedish commemorative medals)

IMG_3844.jpg

IMG_3854.jpg

IMG_3840.jpg

IMG_3836.jpg

IMG_3857.jpg

IMG_3858.jpg

Hi Jstorm - What you have posted is a mini of Pahlavi era order of Homayoun. This is not a mini of Qajar era order of Elmi. I went back and saw few other photos of order of Homayoun similar to yours  in this thread which are also from Pahlavi era. 

16 hours ago, g1usxs said:

Hi Jstorm - What you have posted is a mini of Pahlavi era order of Homayoun. This is not a mini of Qajar era order of Elmi. I went back and saw few other photos of order of Homayoun similar to yours  in this thread which are also from Pahlavi era. 

Hi, yes, from what I also saw it is after 1925 and by the manufacturer Arthus Bertrand in Paris. This post was also quite good about these: 

Best regards

On 31/05/2023 at 20:51, Jstrom said:

A recent miniature bar I had to add to this thread because of the Arthus Bertrand piece on it, I must say its distinct appearance is quite interesting :) (I also have a liking for the Swedish commemorative medals)

IMG_3844.jpg

IMG_3854.jpg

IMG_3840.jpg

IMG_3836.jpg

IMG_3857.jpg

IMG_3858.jpg

You should post it in the topic about Swedish miniatures. 

That miniature bar is a very easy ID to it's original owner. I did it some years ago. 

I'll see if I can find my notes. It was a military musician.