News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

bundeswehr collection

Guest talltom

Guest talltom

A few members have asked to see my small collection so here goes:

first a 60s/70s private purchase oberst tunic in the fallschirmjager

• Replies 76
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest talltom
    Posted · Hidden by Hauptmann, January 31, 2012 - No reason given
    Hidden by Hauptmann, January 31, 2012 - No reason given

opps i screwed up lol the one above is a oberstleutenant private purchase in the medical corp

Guest talltom

theres a few more lurking around on this damn computer ill add when i find so heres the schirmutze:

first a early 1962 dated luftwaffe nco cap on the far right

second is a shaped luftwaffe 1982 nco cap

Guest talltom

a few 57ers:

(hopefully 3 in one)

in order:

early luftwaffe ground combat badge with sepertaly applied eagle

infantry sturmabzeichen

a very early no.4 maker marked ek2

Guest talltom

thats the end for today :jumping: a few teasers tommorow will be things like other parade tunics and a full set of panzer berets and many others :P

thanks

tom

ps open to any comments and if you want any extra photos don't hesitate to ask

Love what we're seeing so far Tom. Great collection! I'm sure alot of folks were like me... used to see this stuff for cheap in surplus stores all over and never gave it much thought. Now I wish I had. They're great to display the 57 awards on not to mention any Bundeswehr badges and such that come down the road.

Looking forward to more. :jumping: :jumping: Thanks so much for sharing! :beer:

Plus it's great getting some activity going in this section again! :D

Dan :cheers:

Guest talltom

Most awesome collection. Can you please post some closeups of the medical tunic?

not seen all of it yet lol :jumping: heres some close ups of medics tunic:

I am blown away! That is an amazing collection. I had never even heard of BW Panzer berets, and you have two of them!

That medical officer tunic is absolutely gorgeous! I love how the blue color surrounds the sleeve patch. I have never seen the waffenfarbe displayed in this manner. Was this a short lived practice?

I love how the blue color surrounds the sleeve patch. I have never seen the waffenfarbe displayed in this manner. Was this a short lived practice?

Paul, to my knowledge they still use the same patches, and they also have a blue beret with a snake badge. As far as I know, this is a doctor-dentist-nurse distinction, combat medics wear the same uniforms as the unit they serve in.

/Jonas

Guest talltom

I am blown away! That is an amazing collection. I had never even heard of BW Panzer berets, and you have two of them!

That medical officer tunic is absolutely gorgeous! I love how the blue color surrounds the sleeve patch. I have never seen the waffenfarbe displayed in this manner. Was this a short lived practice?

i actually have 5 in total :whistle::jumping: jonas is correct it can be found on most patches the medics is the "Zentrale Sanitatsdienststellen verschiedene Standorte" who are the central medical services of the bundeswehr

jonas the beret you are correct on but there are 3 types of beret metal badge for the low rank soldat, threaded badge for NCO (as private purchase) and bullion patch for officers shown below is NCO patch and metal:

Guest talltom

as to the panzer berets the order goes:

hard panzer beret (similar in design to the ww2)

soft beret (got 2 of them :jumping: )

black beret with tank badge (but without national flag)

black beret with tank badge (with national flag)

all 5 belonged to the same man who i brought it off a while back when he left the forces :jumping: