News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

bundeswehr collection

Guest talltom

• Replies 76
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest talltom

The Kreta cufftitle is not original (it is a copy).

Uwe

how do you tell with the 57ers there doesn't seem to be many about :banger:

"57ers"

There is nothing to combine with 57ers and cuff titles.

There is a German law from 1957 ("Ordensgesetz"), and there are additional official documents from 1957 and 1958.

All these decorations in the "Beilage" are 57ers (plus the lifesaving medal):

http://www.ordensmus...16Jan0857er.pdf

Here you can find only decorations in an official changed design, compared with the originals.

On cuff titles nothing had to be changed, therefore a cuff title could never be a 57er. Made post May 1945 it could not be an original, it could only be a copy or a fake.

Uwe

Ps: here in this forum you can find some very interesting threads with sometimes controversal discussions about 57ers :whistle:

Guest talltom

"57ers"

There is nothing to combine with 57ers and cuff titles.

There is a German law from 1957 ("Ordensgesetz"), and there are additional official documents from 1957 and 1958.

All these decorations in the "Beilage" are 57ers (plus the lifesaving medal):

http://www.ordensmus...16Jan0857er.pdf

Here you can find only decorations in an official changed design, compared with the originals.

On cuff titles nothing had to be changed, therefore a cuff title could never be a 57er. Made post May 1945 it could not be an original, it could only be a copy or a fake.

Uwe

Ps: here in this forum you can find some very interesting threads with sometimes controversal discussions about 57ers :whistle:

thanks for the link and info very interesting :rock on:

talltom,

The wearing of a cuffband during wartime was indicated on a post war ribbon bar by a small metal plaque on a ribbon. Here is an example of a ribbon bar with the KRETA cuffband shown.

Regards,

Gordon

Edited by Gordon Craig

• 3 weeks later...
    Guest talltom

got another early jacket this one is dated 2/65 and to the rank of hamptmann however this tunic can with a nice suprise inside the bottom left pocket was a nice silver wound badge!! :rock on: its now sitting in the loops on the jacket along with my kvk and lw gab looks nice

Guest talltom

this arrived in the post a few mins ago its a mid to late 70s reference book for the bundeswehr uniform and abzeichen only a small booklet but it contains heer, luftwaffe, kreigsmarine and medical. few pictures for you:

this arrived in the post a few mins ago its a mid to late 70s reference book for the bundeswehr uniform and abzeichen only a small booklet but it contains heer, luftwaffe, kreigsmarine and medical. few pictures for you:

Hello Tom!

I have a couple of those too, the earliest dating from the mid-90's and the latest from ~2000. The difference being drawings in the earlier and photos in the later. In the earlier version there's still arm patches of the divisions and some (even by then) disbanded Heimatschutzbrigade, while the later version only shows the remaining brigades of the divisions of the 90's (and the new 13th and 14th divisions). I'll see if I can dig them out from my "Cold War stash"!

/Jonas

Guest talltom

Hello Tom!

I have a couple of those too, the earliest dating from the mid-90's and the latest from ~2000. The difference being drawings in the earlier and photos in the later. In the earlier version there's still arm patches of the divisions and some (even by then) disbanded Heimatschutzbrigade, while the later version only shows the remaining brigades of the divisions of the 90's (and the new 13th and 14th divisions). I'll see if I can dig them out from my "Cold War stash"!

/Jonas

jonas please do share they sound very interesting

tom

As requested by Tom: Samples of Bundeswehr uniforms booklet of slightly later print, 1993 and 1997 respectively. The older still has drawings, and the newer is upgraded with photos. The flecktarn camo has appeared in the 1993 issue, otherwise it is probably almost identical to the 1970's issue. As the Bundeswehr went through massive changes in the mid-90's, a lot of the unit patches have disappeared, units have been renamed etc. Link to unit patches: http://gmic.co.uk/in...r-unit-patches/

/Jonas

Guest talltom

crazy couriers knocking on my door at 8pm :banger: aww well its a good thing heres a 1967 dated artillery jacket (beret came with it but doesn't beong as its 1990s)

enjoy