News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

ENTRY INTO PRETORIA - DOULTON LAMBETH

Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen......

Please find attatched some photos of a jug produced by the Doulton company of Lambeth England...... This company became the Royal Doulton of Figure fame......

The company used to produce drain-pipes in stoneware clay. Some of the leftover clay was made into pots and jugs by the workers at the factory. It was the founders son Henry Doulton that found that people would buy the jugs and pots so he moved the company from making drain pipe to the household products. He then started to produce the commemorative pieces from the useful household pieces not saying that hese jugs were not useful.

I also have the Handyman (Navy) jug and the Roberts (Army) jug which I will post later......

Mike

Edited by QSAMIKE

Both nice collectible pieces Mike - and in good condition, I can't see any chips. About US$160 each ? Mervyn

Good Morning Mervyn.....

According to my records the last time one of these, Pretoria Jugs, came up on ebay, October 2009, it sold for 355 Pounds......

Mike