News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

By the way, he is doing this frequently.

:violent:

Really? I noticed this one just because I placed a bid on the bar when it was being sold for the first time, then saw it for sale again. If he is doing this regularly, all the more shame on him.

Regards,

Matthew

Well, it looks like this topic is ending in the shallows of breaking up medal groups, as it has been done for long, long times and still happens.

A relation or collector keeps a group together for sentimental/historical reasons, but as it is in real life, once sold greed or the market takes the upper hand.

Welcome in the world where most people know the price of everyting but value little.

What would you do, boycot these dealers for life, or in the long run buy their stuff because you are a greedy collector?

What's the price of principles?

Would buying the bar to restore it be a good thing or would it encourage him in the long run to destroy more of them? Just wondering.

Matthew

It certainly would not deter him.

Personally, I feel that the best way to deal with such people is to not deal with them at all.

Consider it.

• 4 weeks later...

Would a war aid medal really be mounted in front of an order of the red eagle?

Wartime awards were often placed ahead of peacetime awards, even house orders. The orange/white ribbon could also be a General Honor Decoration.

The orange/white ribbon could also be a General Honor Decoration.

It may be the General Honour Decoration as I see it along with the War Aid Cross and Centenary Medal for sale in a separate listing.

Also listed is the Prussian 25 Year Long Service Cross, again in a separate listing. :banger:

Matt

Would a war aid medal really be mounted in front of an order of the red eagle?

Unless the Red Eagle Order has swords (compare GFM Hindenburg's medal bar), definitely yes.

Edited by saschaw

• 2 weeks later...

Another piece of history destroyed by greed.

With the very small consolation, however, that it is documented in its complete condition here. Otherwise, I agree with all the bad things everyone else wishes upon this vandal - even if it is Lent :)

Edited by Trooper_D

• 8 months later...

This happens to a lot of bars (still doesn't lessen the crime) but this was a really nice bar to an enlisted man before some ****** destroyed it. Its not just that the two rarest medals are gone, the others have also been messed with (note the Kaiser's Centenary medal). I really can't bear such people.

305912_438056199583711_635460723_n.jpg

$T2eC16VHJG!E9nm3p39bBQu0svtBMQ~~60_12.J

Well, it looks like this topic is ending in the shallows of breaking up medal groups, as it has been done for long, long times and still happens.

A relation or collector keeps a group together for sentimental/historical reasons, but as it is in real life, once sold greed or the market takes the upper hand.

Welcome in the world where most people know the price of everyting but value little.

What would you do, boycot these dealers for life, or in the long run buy their stuff because you are a greedy collector?

What's the price of principles?

Good point in wanting to boycot a dealer for life if its an item you can't find any where else. It is not just greedy & naive merchants that make a practice destroying bars but also collectors themselves who have no problem taking apart one for that desired medal to fit ever so nicely in their collection.

• 1 month later...