News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Canadian Diamond Jubliee Medal Making and Presentation

• 7 months later...

The dark background is a result of using a scanner, it's actually a highly polished smooth area. SHould've used my digital camera... :rolleyes:

I should find out soon if I'm being awarded this medal in the coming months... If so, I'll take a better picture.

• 1 month later...

Just came across this news item regarding the awarding of the Canadian Diamond Jubilee Medal:

Two convicted criminals, one of them still serving time, have been awarded Queen's Diamond Jubilee medals. As one can imagine, this has generated a lot of comments in political circles.

Here is the link to the story and video: http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2012/10/23/pol-anti-abortionists-queens-diamond-jubilee-medals.html

Jean-Paul

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 months later...

I took some pictures as promised but the medal is so shiny, it's only possible to photograph from a certain angle in order to discern the details. These were taken without a flash in normal sunlight coming through the window with a relatively cheap little digital camera.

Frank

Very nice presentation case, binder and I really like the lapel pin, is there any criteria for when the lapel pin is worn . What was the criteria for the Canadian Medal? The British medal came in a small box and was given out to all those with 5 years military (or police or other emergency services) service or more. It came in a small box with no certificate or lapel pin.

Frank

Very nice presentation case, binder and I really like the lapel pin, is there any criteria for when the lapel pin is worn . What was the criteria for the Canadian Medal? The British medal came in a small box and was given out to all those with 5 years military (or police or other emergency services) service or more. It came in a small box with no certificate or lapel pin.

As usual, we did things differently... *SIGH*

60,000 were bestowed in Canada with about 1/3 going to the military (I believe). Criteria were the same for military and civilians alike, to have worked, volunteered, helped etc in service of the society we live in. I received mine for 10+ years as a volunteer on the board of administration for St John's Ambulance in Quebec and also for 27 years spent training air, sea and army cadets in my free time in 4 provinces.

Edited by TacHel

A fellow recipient was Mr Walter Charron, a WW2 veteran of the Royal Canadian Navy. You can't really see it on the picture but he's wearing the insignia of "combined ops" on his right lapel. He was attached to fast landing crafts and actively participated in the 1942 raid on Dieppe, survived being blown out of the water off of Sicily by a dive bombing Ju-88 and was also there on D-Day! What an incredible historical treasure and fine gentleman!

Just thought I'd share this so enjoyable meeting. :cheers:

• 4 weeks later...