News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

"800" stamped crosses

Not very good photos of the core, but to me it looks like postwar or even TR era cross, not the award piece. Of course, I can be wrong, better photos needed.

And... what about that strange mark left of hinge? "956" if I see correctly?

One more view

The Cross looks it is made of the old type silve.r I do not agree that it is post war piece I ussually give a light clean of my EKs, however i decided to leave this one as it is, because it is apart of a Big group and it comes with Certificiate..any alterations can japordise the value of the group.

Regards

Graf

Hi Marauder,

The Four looks "closed 4", however the arms of the"4" on the top are very close but nod "closed"

Also the design of the whole cross does not look like S&L

Also the Cross size coresponds to the WW1 type 42.1 x 42.2 mm

Here is picture of "closed" 4 post WW1 S&L

Edited by Graf

Hi Chris,

Yes, There is a Urkunde for EK2 as well ..and it is also signed by Fieldmarshal Von Mackensen

The Group also has a letter to the General ( at the time of awarding he was Oberst) with congratulations and also personally signed.by V. Mackensen

I will list them if you would like me to do so

Regards

Graf

Dear Members,

This is picture of The EK1 and EK2 part of the Groupiing It has several more documents and awards(Bulgarian) and personal wartime field letters written by the General to his wife

I hope you will like the EKs Part

Regards

Graf

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your IMHO. It makes sense because the box acording to the Previtera Book " Iron Time" is described as post war.

I assume because the General had few uniforms, he might have had at least two EK1 and Ek2 sets...or perhaps it could be the war time item ...I have not seen any 800 marked post war EK1, but my collecting experience is not as long as yours and that of some of the Forum members.

Here is one more addition to the Topolc

It is Prinzen EK1 by Rothe & Neffe..initially I did believe it was by the firm Meybauer, however after comparing few marks I concluded it is the Rothe

Graf

Edited by Graf

...I have not seen any 800 marked post war EK1, but my collecting experience is not as long as yours and that of some of the Forum members.

Graf

Hi,

as there was no regulation, it has always been my HO that it is often guess work to what was made during and post war. German industry was not bombed to bits by 1918 so there is no real reason that makers changed what they were doing and how they were doing it on 11 November 1918... there was probably a slow evolution in changes... it is very possible that it is a wartime privately bought piece as well... I dont think it is possible to say for SURE, so my HO is just a gut feeling, not based on proof of any sort...