News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My Collection of German awards 1933 -1945

Thank`s again Lambert, and you have a nice Website there !

Laurence...... I do not in reality lie to my wife, but do not want to bother her with all the small details either :beer:

Just to show them a sales ad or two on some Hindenburg Cross, and they are satisfied regarding the value.

This one I think was over the 20 usd "limit", but its a must in a collection of German awards 1933 -1945

Blood Order 2nd pattern 1934

Blutorden

and

Edited by JT1959

Thank you Paul !

This medal is a bit special. I have seen more copies than originals, so important to do your homework before you make your purchase of one of those. This is the original.

LIFE SAVING MEDAL 1933

Deutsche Lebens-Rettungs-Gesellschaft Abzeichen

and

Some police awards..........................

Police Long Service Cross 3. class 8 years 1938

Polizei Dienstauszeichnung 3. Stufe 8 Jahre

and

Edited by JT1959

Last one for today :sleep:

Tapper og Tro medaljen 1944

Bravery and Loyality Cross (Quisling Cross)

Bronze Latin cross with out-turned ends to the arms, crossed swords between the arms, with loop for ribbon suspension; the face with ‘Sun Eagle’ symbol of the Nasjonal Samling, being a circular gilt-edged red enamel disc bearing a gold cross, a gilt eagle with wings outstretched above; the reverse inscribed ‘TAPPER OG TRO’ in ‘Nordic’ script; on original ribbon with top bar mounted for wear. The Cross began life as the ‘Order for Bravery and Loyalty’, instituted by the collaborationist Nasjonal Samling government under Vidkun Quisling to be awarded to Norwegian combat forces on the same basis as the German Iron Cross. Shortly afterwards, however, Josef Terboven, German Reichskommissar of Norway, dictated that only German awards were to be worn by Norwegian collaborationist forces. (Terboven and Quisling has a long history of rivalry and disagreement with Terboven doing his utmost to minimise the influence of Quisling, despite the orders of Adolf Hitler to help build the Nasjonal Samling). The Order was thus awarded for only a very brief period. In 1944, a very few examples had the ‘Sun Eagle’ symbol affixed to the face, covering the date ‘1941’ in ‘Nordic’ script and were awarded to members of the Nasjonal Samling, such awards being referred to as ‘politisk utgave’ (political awards). After Allied victory in May 1945, recipients of the award naturally did everything possible to conceal the fact. As a consequence, it is extremely rare.

and

German Order of Merit without swords in bronse 1943 (mm 30 Hauptmünzamt Wien)

Deutsche Verdienstmedaille in Bronze

:blush: Is the medals name correct ?

and

Edited by JT1959

German Order of Merit without swords in silver 1937 (m.m. Pr Münze Berlin)

Deutsche Verdienstmedaille in Silber

:blush: Please help me with the name for this one also !

and

Edited by JT1959