Gentleman's Military Interest Club
Chris Boonzaier

Unidentified WW1 Kaiserlich Deutsches Heer Signatures

arb   

Uwe has it right- Hugo Weichsel, commander 24.12.1914-22.02.1917. He then went on to become Arko 183.

Andy

tan berk   

Hello I have two signatures that I want to find out the owners. First one is on a very handsome EKII Doc from a grouping to Bernhard Kniep (EKII, Hanseatic Cross, Hindy and a Turkish War Medal owner).

Thanks to Kevin for referring this thread to me!

tan berk   

And the second document from the Bernhard Kniep konvolut is a Hanseatic Cross document.

Edited by tan berk

tan berk   

Hi,

The commander of the 4th Ersatz Division was Albert von Werder (22 July 1852 - 3. July 1936).

Thank you so much Dave!

hucks216   

Hello I have two signatures that I want to find out the owners. First one is on a very handsome EKII Doc from a grouping to Bernhard Kniep (EKII, Hanseatic Cross, Hindy and a Turkish War Medal owner). Thanks to Kevin for referring this thread to me!

Just an additional link - this was posted yesterday, also from that division...

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/63054-brigade-ersatz-bataillon-34-in-search-of-data/

tan berk   

One more signature to identify. This time from the home front (at least for me!)

A handwritten Turkish War Medal document from Istanbul. Does anyone has an idea if it is signed Braun or something else?

Vorläufiger Besitzausweis

Im Namen seiner Majestät des Sultans hat seine Exzellenz der Marschall Liman von Sanders dem...

am 30. Oktober 1918 den Eisernen Halbmond (osmanische Kriegsmedaille) verliehen.

Der oberste Sanitätsoffizier der Mil.(itär) Miss.(ion)

i.V.
sig. Braun (?)
Oberstabsarzt.

Edited by tan berk

On a silver presentation box are engraved the name of 56 PLM winners, mostly Flieger and U-boot commanders.  But on each side are, I think, 6 names of Army Officers with PLMs.  I have had help identifying two names so far.  Any help IDing the last 4 would be appreciated!

1.  ?

DSC09953_zpsp9am6yib.jpg

2.  ?

DSC09954_zpszoredgwk.jpg

3.  ?

DSC09955_zpsempidyyc.jpg

4.  Lancelle

DSC09957_zpssrdcakps.jpg

5.  ?

DSC09959_zpsjhbv3qhg.jpg

6.  Seidel

DSC09960_zpsfc5et9ex.jpg