News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unidentified WW2 Heer / Waffen SS / Polizei Signatures

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, this is not my regular field of collecting but it is part of a Hungarian group which is my field of collecting so I hope someone can help.

Who is this General Major?

The EK2 is for a Hungarian Colonel (Regimental Commander of Honved IR32) on the Eastern front, 1942-43.

Regards, Erik

IMG_2709_zps3d46c742.jpg

• 5 months later...

Any ideas on this signature on the opening page of a Wehrpass, and signed by a Hauptmann und Kompanie Chef 6./Inf. Regt. 16, dated 30-September-1936?

Hucks216 suggested a Hauptmann Schaumberg who was in command of 4.Kompanie (however, no idea if he was a 'von' or not as the signature suggest that signer is.)

Regards Richard.

2.jpeg

Edited by stgeorge64

Any ideas on this signature on the opening page of a Wehrpass, and signed by a Hauptmann und Kompanie Chef 6./Inf. Regt. 16, dated 30-September-1936?

Hucks216 suggested a Hauptmann Schaumberg who was in command of 4.Kompanie (however, no idea if he was a 'von' or not as the signature suggest that signer is.)

Regards Richard.

2.jpeg

It is Enno-Erich von Limburg, born 5 Nov. 1893 in Sondershausen.  He was an Oberleutnant a.D., reactivated as a Hauptmann in IR 16 in 1934, Major on 1.10.37, Oberstleutnant on 1.12.39, Oberst on 1.3.42.  Commanded II./IR 6 from 1.7.38 to 2.12.40, was an Offizier-Richter on the Reichskriegsgericht from 21.7.41 to 31.12.43, and was named commander of GrenR 731 on 1.4.44.

It is Enno-Erich von Limburg, born 5 Nov. 1893 in Sondershausen.  He was an Oberleutnant a.D., reactivated as a Hauptmann in IR 16 in 1934, Major on 1.10.37, Oberstleutnant on 1.12.39, Oberst on 1.3.42.  Commanded II./IR 6 from 1.7.38 to 2.12.40, was an Offizier-Richter on the Reichskriegsgericht from 21.7.41 to 31.12.43, and was named commander of GrenR 731 on 1.4.44.

RK & DKiG winner

• 4 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 4 months later...

A couple of signatures from the same Soldbuch to identify. This first one I can not work out if the rank reads Oberst or Oberstleutnant. If the former than maybe he made it to General rank before the end of the war. The unit is 78 Infanterie-Division (78.Sturm-Division).

123.thumb.jpg.d10f526b444937b2d9506ec7e5

And the second example is for an Oberstleutnant in Pz.AOK 3. In September 1943 he held the rank of Major.

456.thumb.jpg.836719d85fcf695627f52be538

Hello Kevin.

I cannot add or rather clarify to 78.Sturm Division, probably because he signed as " Oblt. u. stellv. Div.Adj."

As to Pz.Armee Ober Kommando 3:

Kurt Wehner in his "Die Deutsche Wehrmacht 1939 - 1945" lists as Adjudant  Obstlt. Hubert Eben from March 1943 to May 1945.

Bernhard H. Holst

13 minutes ago, Bernhard H.Holst said:

Hello Kevin.

I cannot add or rather clarify to 78.Sturm Division, probably because he signed as " Oblt. u. stellv. Div.Adj."

As to Pz.Armee Ober Kommando 3:

Kurt Wehner in his "Die Deutsche Wehrmacht 1939 - 1945" lists as Adjudant  Obstlt. Hubert Eben from March 1943 to May 1945.

Bernhard H. Holst

Many thanks Bernhard. As the former was an Oberleutnant that would certainly explain why I couldn't find him.

And thanks for the latter one, I would say that the signature fits pretty well for Eben.

On 2/11/2016 at 08:12, Dave Danner said:

The Oberleutnant looks like it may be Schulze, but that is little better than an educated guess.

Many thanks for the effort Dave. I had actually mis-read the rank and originally thought it had said Oberst so I am not surprised that finding the identity of an Oberleutnant is proving tricky at best.

Would anyone happen to know who was Battalion Commander for I/Gren.Rgt 757 (338 Inf.Div) during the date shown - 06 Feb 1943?

I know Major Bernhard Marr commanded it during the fighting in Southern France in 1944.

56c3195cb481e_Marr008.jpg.810be0624a6d18

Latest one - unknown signature for the Btl-Kdr of II/Geb.Jäg.Rgt 144 and dated for June 1943. I know that there was a Franz List (RKT) listed as Btl-Kdr in March 1943 but this signature looks very different from what I would expect from that surname.

56c45447d0d66_c)KRBER003.jpg.9e1ceee33fd

• 2 months later...

Can anyone name this Major please? Kompanie-Chef of 1./Pionier-Btl 1 (1.Infanterie-Division) dated for October 1938.

The Offizierstellenbesetzung 03.01.1939 lists a Hauptmann Scharfenorth in that position, with an Oberstleutnant Otto Meyer in command of Pi.Btl 1.

H) PASKE 001.jpg