News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unidentified WW2 Heer / Waffen SS / Polizei Signatures

• 2 weeks later...

Probably not much chance as a positive ID of this signature due to the low rank and being in the training & replacement units of GD, but what do others think the first few letters are? I think the first letter could be an S, but it could also be a H or J with the following letters having the chance of being c, e or a.

Can anyone confirm who this signature belongs to please? The listing for 3rd January 1939 states an Oberst (E) Röhrssen as Kommandeur of WBK Deutsche Krone but not sure if he would still be in charge in September 1942. I can kind of see some of that name in the signature but also parts that I can't!

Edited by hucks216

Röhrssen was Gruppenleiter I der Wehrersatzinspektion Köslin from 27.10.39 to 31.12.43, Kdr. WBK Köslin from 1.1.43 to 28.2.43, and then Kdr. WBK Swinemünde until some time in 1944 when he went into the Führer-Reserve OKH (his file is almost illegible at that point). The signature is his file is fuzzy (the entire roll of microfilm was filmed out of focus :banger: ), but that does not appear to be it.

Thanks for that Dave. The signature certainly looks different. The 03.01.1939 Gliederung lists him as an Oberst in charge at WBK Deutsche Krone but the 1940 DAL has him one rank lower as an Oberstleutnant in that position but as an Oberst in the 1942 DAL.

Three signatures on a Führerschein.

The first one is for a Hauptmann(E) in Pz.Abwehr-Abt 5 and dated for 1938...

The second is for an Oberstleutnant in command of Panzerjäger-Abt 125 (125 ID) and is dated for March 1941...

The third and final one is for a Major in command of Reserve-Panzerjäger-Abteilung 5 and is dated for August 1943...

I think this is not the signature of the Artillerie-Regiment 35 commander Oberst Friedrich Breith.

I think this is signature of I. Abteilung commander Major Bechtel.

What do you think?

I have a copy of Friedrich Breith's signature in my files and that doesn't match. It is that of Georg Bechtel (DKiG).

Edited by hucks216

• 2 weeks later...

What do you think is this original Dr. Johannes Mayer's (http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Personenregister/MayerJ.htm) signature or no?

Mayer was Generalleutnant from 1. April 1943, but in the EK II doc 15/03/1943 we can see that he is Generalleutnant.

Sorry for the bad pictures.

That does match the example in my files.

• 3 months later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Can anyone help to identify this signature of a Hauptmann and Kompanie-Chef of 1./Pz.Abw.Abt 36 dated for 1937 please? I have checked the 03-Jan-1939 listing on the off chance he still held the same position but can not see anything that fits.

Edited by hucks216

• 2 months later...

Who is this General der Artillerie?

I'm afraid that the signature is a faked attempt. The Feldpost Number in the stamp is that for Stab II u. 5.-8. Kompanie Grenadier-Regiment 331 and so doesn't match the unit either.

Edited by hucks216

• 1 month later...
    • 5 weeks later...