News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unidentified WW2 Heer / Waffen SS / Polizei Signatures

Thanks for the attempt & effort Dave. That signature is so common with regards to GD paperwork that it has been frustrating not to be able to ID it and link it to a name in my database. It now looks like he got away from the Ersatz organisation and saw front line action as Adjutant I/Pz.Füs.Rgt GD in March 1945.

• 2 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone !

I'm new to this forum and for my first post, I have a little question for you. I have a black wound badge citation signed by the commander of the II. Abteilung of the Artillerie Regiment 107 in september 1943 but I can't quite make out his name.

Cheers,

Satzar

Capture.PNG

That is going to be a hard one to find as it is actually the Abt-Führer rather than commander which means he is in command on a temporary basis. It might well be that he assumed official command later or it might be the senior Batterie-Chef being given the position for a short period of time.

Thank you for your answer, I wasn't aware of the difference between Abteilung-Führer and Abteilung commander. It's nice to learn new things like that. I guess this Hauptmann will stay unknown then.

Cheers,

Satzar

1 hour ago, hucks216 said:

Not necessarily. If we can determine some of the letters we have a chance which is better than no chance.

Hi Kev, could it be Hauptmann Heinrich Fetzer? Stewy

7 minutes ago, stewy said:

Hi Kev, could it be Hauptmann Heinrich Fetzer? Stewy

It could be, it looks like that is the word and he was a Hauptmann in 1943 and was an artillery officer. The only thing that might mean it isn't Fetzer is that he won the DKiG in September 1943 (the time of this signature) while with Art.Rgt 61 but that isn't to say he wasn't transferred.

Not necessarily but if it is the date he was actually awarded it rather than the date his actions won him the award then there is a gap where he could of been transferred, even if it was on a temporary basis from Führerreserve. There is a link in that I/Art.Rgt 61 was absorbed by Art.Rgt 107 but that was in 1940 and Art.Rgt 61 became Heerestruppen around 1943/44 and I don't think the two units served in the same area in September 1943.

4 minutes ago, stewy said:

Thanks for the reply Kev. It was something I thought may be a possibility. Stewy

It's certainly a possibility. Unfortunately I don't have any Artillery officer Kartei in my files so can't confirm or deny the possibility.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone !

Thanks again for trying to help me with this artillery officer. I have more riddles for you. I recently acquired the soldbuch,  the wehrpass and other docs to a soldier from Panzer Artillery Regiment 80 from 8. Panzer Division. I have trouble finding the names of his commanding officer.

Here is the signature of the commanders of 4. Batterie. The first was in command at the end of 1941 and in 1942. The second was in command in 1943, it looks like Jans (?).

The last one was in command of the 1. Batterie or 3. Batterie of schwere Artillerie Abteilung 763 in 1944.

Thanks a lot for the help,

Satzar

Blondt1.PNG

Blondt2.PNG

Jans1.PNG

Jans2.PNG

schwere abteilung.PNG

• 3 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 2 months later...

Would anyone be able to identify this pre-war Gebirgsjäger-Rgt 100 related signature please?

I can't seem to match up the signature to any name in the 1937 & 1938 Stellenbesetzung - I did originally think it could be Reicheneder but then talked myself out of it and began to think the first letter could be a K.

Holding the rank of Hauptmann in 1937 could mean he was a senior officer at some point in WW-2 if he made it that far.

5687531.jpg.84bd988c2001c74399b4ddb9e484f564.jpg

Hi everyone !

I'm asking once more for your kind help. Could you identify the signature of those officers from the Werhbezirkskommando Lübben (Spreewald). The first one was a major in 1940 and the other one was Oberstleutnant in april 1944.

Thanks in advance,

Satzar.

Lübben.PNG

wehrmeldamt Lübben.PNG

• 1 year later...