Gentleman's Military Interest Club
hucks216

Unidentified WW2 Luftwaffe Signatures

hucks216   

An Oberstleutnant from June 1939 with Kampfgruppe zbV 2. www.ww2.dk shows the Gruppenkommodeur for this period as Obstlt von Lindenau - can anyone confirm if it is his signature?

hucks216   

Do you have a date for the second one as it could be Georg Neuffer who commanded 5 Flakdivision as a Generalmajor from April to November 1942.

Edited by hucks216

hucks216   

As for Number 1, Helmut Richter held the position of Höh.Kdr Festungs-Flak-Artillerie III from April 1940 to January 1941 as a Generalmajor (promoted to Generalleutnant 1st August 1941). I believe he took over from Oskar Bertram.

Edited by hucks216

hucks216   

Can find nothing on this except that the unit was formed in the summer of 1940 from Kommandeur der Bautruppen 75 (Heer). No Kdr's listed for either unit on Lexikon or www.ww2.dk...

Brian R   

Do you have a date for the second one as it could be Georg Neuffer who commanded 5 Flakdivision as a Generalmajor from April to November 1942.

That is, indeed, the sig of Neuffer. I have an example of his signature from when he commanded 20. Flak Division.

Odulf   

Unidentified signature of a Luftwaffe Major (Pannwitz?) as Fliegerhorst-Kommandant in Lister (Norway).

Taken from a Lapplandschild award document (the recipient belongs to 3./Lw.-Pi.Btl.

Edited by hucks216

Odulf   

Unidentified signature of a Luftwaffe Oberst und Wehrbezirkskommandeur (at Regensburg).

Taken from a Sudeten Medal award document.

Odulf   

Unidentified signature of a Luftwaffe Major und stellvertretender Gruppenkommandeur,

Stamped I./Kampfgeschwader 257 (Stab) and dated 01-09-1939.

Odulf   

Unidentified signature of a Luftwaffe Major und Abteilungskommandeur, Dr. XXX

Stamped Leichte Flakabteilung 93 and dated: Baden-Baden 01-10-1939 (Luftgau VII)

Taken from a Sudeten Medal document.

Odulf   

Unidentified signature of a Luftwaffe Hauptmann und Kommandeur

Stamped: Flakartillerieschule IV - Lehrstab A - (Entfernungsmessschule)

München, 13-12-1939 (Luftgau VII)

Taken from a Sudeten Medal award document

hucks216   

Unidentified signature of a Luftwaffe Major (Pannwitz?) as Fliegerhorst-Kommandant in Lister (Norway).

Taken from a Lapplandschild award document (the recipient belongs to 3./Lw.-Pi.Btl.

I'd say that it does indeed belong to Kurt von Pannwitz, commander of Fliegerhorst-Kommandantur E (v) 203/III at the wars end.

hucks216   

Unidentified signature of a Luftwaffe Hauptmann und Kommandeur

Stamped: Flakartillerieschule IV - Lehrstab A - (Entfernungsmessschule)

München, 13-12-1939 (Luftgau VII)

Taken from a Sudeten Medal award document

Nice example. That belongs to Hauptmann Hanns Baier who as a Major commanded Fallsch. Fla MG-Btl at Crete in 1941.

This signature of this document in klaus web is from a major und kommandeur.The stamp is from kampfgeschwader 3,but no one suits with the signature.

????????????

tyanacek   

I believe this is the signature of Gerhard Bassenge, but I am not 100% certain. I have been unable to locate any other samples of Bassenge's signature to compare with. The document has been posted here and on WAF but no one has confirmed it. Thanks for any assistance.

Best regards,

Tom

hucks216   

I believe this is the signature of Gerhard Bassenge, but I am not 100% certain. I have been unable to locate any other samples of Bassenge's signature to compare with. The document has been posted here and on WAF but no one has confirmed it. Thanks for any assistance.

Best regards,

Tom

Already confirmed when you posted it in the citation thread. It is his signature.