hucks216

Unidentified WW2 Luftwaffe Signatures

111 posts in this topic

Hello Richard.

Ref.# 73,

signature of Oberst Stigell.

Bernhard H. Holst

Bernhard thank you very much indeed for your help!

Do you have any additional information on Stigell at all?

I checked Doug Stankey and Larry de Zang's Luftwaffe Officer Career Summaries and only found the following:

STIGELL, Josef. 01.06.41 promo to Oberst.

Regards Richard.

Bernhard thank you very much indeed for your help!

Do you have any additional information on Stigell at all?

I checked Doug Stankey and Larry de Zang's Luftwaffe Officer Career Summaries and only found the following:

STIGELL, Josef. 01.06.41 promo to Oberst.

Regards Richard.

No information on him but I have seen his signature on prelim RK citations before.

No information on him but I have seen his signature on prelim RK citations before.

Thanks Kevin, Oberst Josef Stigell it is then!  

To be honest I am very suprised that his signature was identifiable, and thought he would just be another of the myriad of Luftwaffe officers employed with the Oberkommander der Luftwaffe.

Hopefully, I might be able to find out the odd snippet of info on Stigell in the future.

Regards Richard.

Any ideas on this one at all?

From a Luftwaffe Soldbuch, the signature of a Hauptmann und Staffelkapitan 4./Ergänzungs Nahaufklärungsgruppe ‘Bromberg’.  

The original holder of the Soldbuch served in 4./Ergänzungs Nahaufklärungsgruppe ‘Bromberg’ from 08-06-1944 - 22-09-1944.

Regards Richard.

Scan 12.jpeg

Another 1 Oktober 1938 Medaille Urkunde with an as yet unidentified signature......

Major und Abteilung Fuhrer, Schwere Res. Flak Abtelung 371, dated 01-November-1939.

Regards Richard.

29-09-2010 11;45;42.jpg

29-09-2010 11;45;42.jpg

ID: 82   Posted (edited)

Any ideas on this signature on the opening page of a Wehrpass, and signed by a Hauptmann und Kompanie Chef 6./Inf. Regt. 16, dated 30-September-1936?

Regards Richard.

2.jpeg

Edited by stgeorge64

Signed as Oberleutnant und Adjutant I./Kampfgeschwader 2 from the first half of 1942.  

I 'think' I read Koepping? although that name does not reach a match with anything I can find as yet.

Any ideas on the signature?

Regards Richard.

12 copy 2.jpeg

Any ideas on this signature on the opening page of a Wehrpass, and signed by a Hauptmann und Kompanie Chef 6./Inf. Regt. 16, dated 30-September-1936?

Regards Richard.

2.jpeg

You'll need to post that one in the Unidentified Heer Signatures thread.

Signed as Oberleutnant und Adjutant I./Kampfgeschwader 2 from the first half of 1942.  

I 'think' I read Koepping? although that name does not reach a match with anything I can find as yet.

Any ideas on the signature?

Regards Richard.

12 copy 2.jpeg

Hans Rössing - Ehrenpokal

Regards Richard.

2.jpeg

For 1929 I have found a Hauptmann Schaumberg in command of 4.Kompanie (no idea if he was a 'von' or not as the signature suggest that signer is.)

ID: 86   Posted (edited)

Kevin

Thanks for your help as always with these, it is much appreciated.

Very pleased with identifying Hans Rössing, particularly as a holder of the Ehrenpokal, and you right in that I should of posted the Hauptmann from 6./Inf. Regt 16 in the Heer thread! (which I shall do!)

Regards Richard.

Edited by stgeorge64

This one has had myself and many others puzzled completely.

Major u. Stelv. Kommodore Kampfgeschwader 40 on 29-07-1942.

In my opinion is that this was obviously a temporary assignment in between the below:

• Oberst Karl Mehnert, 1.42 - 1942
  • Oberst Martin Vetter, 1942 - 1.9.43

Any ideas anyone?

Regards Richard.

4.jpg

29-05-2012 21;15;26.jpg

Major und Kommandant Fliegerhorstkommandanteur 15/VII, dated 28-06-1941.

http://www.ww2.dk/ground/flibo/fk/fk15-7.html lists;

Hptm Otto Adrario, 4.4.41 - 10.42

However, the signatory is a Major, and I am not reading Adrario in the signature (unless I am missing something)

Any ideas?

Regards Richard.

2.jpg

Josef Stigell

As he was was an known WW1 flyer I have some info on him but I havent checked his personal file yet.

He was born 26.10.1894 in x.

FAR 34

Lt 190614 mit P230612,Oblt 181017 

After WW1 he served in Reichwehr. Here are notes on some of his awards: EK1 PV PFlE HT HK ÖM3K TL2mSchw TH

Mvh

Gunnar

Hi Richard,

"Major und Kommandant Fliegerhorstkommandantur 15/VII"

I think, that it could be Adrario; with much good will I can read Adrario, but really in a very individual handwriting.

In different sources I can find him in that time as Hauptmann and as Major, for example:

http://www.wiki.luftwaffedata.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Fliegerhorstkommandantur_E_15/VII

Later you can find him as Hauptmann or as Oberstleutnant at the same time; and who is lying?

In another list he is listed as Hauptmann between an Oberst and two Oberstleutnants, in my opinion that can not be correct:

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Gliederungen/Fliegerhorstkommandantur/FHK105-3-R.htm

Uwe

Hi Richard,

I think, that it could be Adrario; with much good will I can read Adrario, but really in a very individual handwriting.

I have to agree. I think it is indeed Adrario.

Josef Stigell

As he was was an known WW1 flyer I have some info on him but I havent checked his personal file yet.

He was born 26.10.1894 in x.

FAR 34

Lt 190614 mit P230612,Oblt 181017 

After WW1 he served in Reichwehr. Here are notes on some of his awards: EK1 PV PFlE HT HK ÖM3K TL2mSchw TH

Mvh

Gunnar

Gunnar

Thank you very much indeed for the additional information concerning Josef Stigell, it is much appreciated.

Regards Richard.

Hi Richard,

In different sources I can find him in that time as Hauptmann and as Major, for example:

http://www.wiki.luftwaffedata.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Fliegerhorstkommandantur_E_15/VII

Later you can find him as Hauptmann or as Oberstleutnant at the same time; and who is lying?

In another list he is listed as Hauptmann between an Oberst and two Oberstleutnants, in my opinion that can not be correct:

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Gliederungen/Fliegerhorstkommandantur/FHK105-3-R.htm

Uwe

I have to agree. I think it is indeed Adrario.

Uwe & Kevin

Then I am happy to take your respective words for it, and consider the signature as Adrario after all.

Thank you both as always for your help.

Regards Richard.

Any thoughts on this one?

Major und Grupeenkommandeur III./Kampfgeschwader 40, dated 19-06-1944.

Regards Richard.

15 (1).jpg

ID: 95   Posted (edited)

Hi Richard,

Major Lambert von Konschegg

Uwe

Uwe

That is excellent! thank you very much indeed!

I had forgotten about this Urlaubschein and only noticed the signature recently, so to discover he was awarded the RK and DKiG with KG 40 is a real bonus for sure.

Regards Richard.

Edited by stgeorge64

ID: 96   Posted (edited)

I am hoping that someone can help in the identification of the attached signatures from a Soldbuch of a Bordfunker, who flew with Kampfgeschwader 53 "Legion Condor".

First off are these 2 signatures of an Oberleutnant und Staffelfuhrer of 3./KG 53 dated 01-July-1940.

All help will be gratefully received.

Regards Richard.

Unknown 1 A.jpg

Unknown 1 B.jpg

Edited by stgeorge64

ID: 97   Posted (edited)

From the same Luftwaffe Soldbuch, four different examples of an Oberleutnant und Staffelfuhrer 1./KG 53 signatory. 

Unknown 2 A.jpg

Unknown 2 B.jpg

Unknown 2 C.jpg

Unknown 2 D.jpg

Edited by stgeorge64

ID: 98   Posted (edited)

Final one from this KG 53 Soldbuch......signatory as Oberleutnant und Staffelkapitan 11./KG 53, dated 10-February-1943.

Regards Richard.

Unknown 3.jpg

Edited by stgeorge64

I am hoping that someone can help in the identification of the attached signatures from a Soldbuch of a Bordfunker, who flew with Kampfgeschwader 53 "Legion Condor".

First off are these 2 signatures of an Oberleutnant und Staffelfuhrer of 3./KG 53 dated 01-July-1940.

All help will be gratefully received.

Regards Richard.

Not sure what happened to the images, so here they are again.

Regards Richard.

Unknown 1 A.jpg

Unknown 1 B.jpg

ID: 100   Posted (edited)

From the same Luftwaffe Soldbuch, four different examples of an Oberleutnant und Staffelfuhrer 1./KG 53 signatory. 

....again, not sure what happened to the imaes so I have reposted them again.

Regards Richard.

Unknown 2 A.jpg

Unknown 2 B.jpg

Unknown 2 C.jpg

Unknown 2 D.jpg

Final one from this KG 53 Soldbuch......signatory as Oberleutnant und Staffelkapitan 11./KG 53, dated 10-February-1943.

Regards Richard.

Unknown 3.jpg

I made a mistake on this one.

Dated 17-January-1940, the signatory is a Hauptmann und Staffelfuhrer 3./KG 53.

Regards Richard.

Edited by stgeorge64