News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unidentified WW2 Kriegsmarine Signatures

• Replies 69
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only other information with the stamp is "Command post office box number 25251 M"

Full photos are on http://www.wilhelmgustloffmuseum.com/wreck_artifacts.html

The last entry for that FpNr belongs to a Heer unit so if the number is correct then it might have an additional listing that hasn't been noted before...

(6.4.1944-9.11.1944) 26.8.1944 Pionier-Sonderstab 71.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Kev,

any idea on this signature ?

I cannot quite make it out,"Albrecht" perhaps ?

Thanks,Martin.

Yep - that belongs to Conrad Albrecht who held that position from 3rd July 1935 to 31st October 1938. He retired in December 1939.

• 4 months later...
    • 7 months later...

Hi Kevin,

i may have posted this one before but after going through the database i could not find it.

A Minesweeper document to a Stabsobersteuermann Walter Fiedler,signed in Wilhelmshaven on 8 November 1940.

It is a large 12 x 81/2 inch (A4) doc.

Sadly,the signature of the K,zur See und Fuhrer der Minensuchverbande Nord has faded and is barely visible.

Any idea who the signer of this document was ?

Any help would be appreciated here.

Being honest here i am going to sell this document but it would be nice to figure out who signed it.

I need to raise money for a very special (to Me) Hilfskreuzer document.

Many thanks,Martin.

Hi Kevin,

i may have posted this one before but after going through the database i could not find it.

A Minesweeper document to a Stabsobersteuermann Walter Fiedler,signed in Wilhelmshaven on 8 November 1940.

Sadly,the signature of the K,zur See und Fuhrer der Minensuchverbande Nord has faded and is barely visible.

Any idea who the signer of this document was ?

Many thanks,Martin.

I think it is the signature of Knights Cross winner Kurt Böhmer. As you say, it is very faded but I think I can make out the 'öhm' part of his name.

Thanks a lot Kevin.

I think you are correct.Here is another similar document signed in Wilhelmshaven about a month later by Bohmer.

Much appreciated.

Martin.

Yep, seeing the clearer signature I would say that it is one and the same.

• 4 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 2 months later...
    • 6 months later...