News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

China Incident Commemorative Medal

Richard LaTondre

The case is not original to the medal, so why would I keep them together? If you read the original listing from Japan (as I know you have seen it), you will see the seller explicitly stated he added the case and that it was NOT original.

The case is not original to the medal, so why would I keep them together? If you read the original listing from Japan (as I know you have seen it), you will see the seller explicitly stated he added the case and that it was NOT original.

We know that, it was simple curiosity about what it really was!

• 2 weeks later...
    • 5 weeks later...

I have just found official documents from the Decorations Bureau that show exactly who was to receive these--and the number of medals they expected to give.

And the group does indeed include collaborators from Korea, Taiwan, Sakhalin, and the South Pacific territories. No apologies necessary for those who said I was misleading customers on my ebay auction. It just made sense--strengthened by the home front medal description from Nick Komiya. Those who contributed to the war effort would have been eligible for one of these medals. And those who contributed from abroad would both get the medal and be looked down upon by his/her countrymen.

Full details, including numbers, will be included in my February newsletter issue. Sorry to plug my wares...

I have just found official documents from the Decorations Bureau that show exactly who was to receive these--and the number of medals they expected to give.

And the group does indeed include collaborators from Korea, Taiwan, Sakhalin, and the South Pacific territories. No apologies necessary for those who said I was misleading customers on my ebay auction. It just made sense--strengthened by the home front medal description from Nick Komiya. Those who contributed to the war effort would have been eligible for one of these medals. And those who contributed from abroad would both get the medal and be looked down upon by his/her countrymen.

Full details, including numbers, will be included in my February newsletter issue. Sorry to plug my wares...

Rich, you da MAN! :D

I hope you send out reminder emails to subscribers if their subscriptions are about to expire! I don't want to miss any of the news letters!

• 3 weeks later...