News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

China Incident Commemorative Medal

Richard LaTondre

That one has seen better days!

I very mich doubt there ever was a case for this medal - BUT - if there was, what do you guys think the likely design would have been?

I'd guess it would have been similar to the China Incident war medal on the order of materials, obviously with a different insert for the commemorative style ribbon. I'm sure you all saw last year that one that was auctioned on Yahoo - red one - it looked like a very nicely made case. Red? Well, maybe.

Double posting ...

Hmmm...

I guess this LDO remark really got you exited :lol:

Old memories? :whistle:

This means, it WAS possible to buy cases at any (military) shop in the 1930s/40s?

Why not?

Especially since it was possible to buy a replacement ribbon or "field" leather case for orders.

Although I don't have exact info ;)

Edited by JapanX

Definitely makes sense. We know there were a variety of shops that made cases. It doesn't seem unreasonable that someone could order up a custom case for something. Definitely not hard to do, especially if you are already in the biz!!

Interesting to see this set, without being able to judge authenticity of this combination:

China Incident Commemorative Medal + case from a China Incident War Medal.

Some rhetoric thoughts:

...a contemporary combination for presentation reasons?

...an alternative solution because of lack of (official released) cases for the China Incident Comm. Medal?

...or just a feeble construction of this dealer to push the sales?

BR,

Chris

China Incident War Medal

• 4 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...