News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

WWI with Austrian, Bulgarian and Romanian and DAK. It's nice to see good bars with foreign awards on them. The bottom left DAK has a Schinkel EKII.

Edited by azyeoman

Great collection - I like Imperial colonial (could you post a close-up of yours?). Thanks for sharing.

Have posted a better photo. There's one for Africa, one for China and the naval bar in the upper right is for Venezuela. What's interesting is the non-combatant bar in the lower left of the tray. Edited by azyeoman

Hi George,

It's a Venezuela bar and the matching ribbon bar. Sadly I have no information on it and the Elephant badge came independently from all the bars. The China bar has a tailor's label on it to:

Friedr. Sedlatzek

Berlin W8

Lieprigerstr. 108

Metal 1 x 1.5 cm

Which appears to be glued to reverse on a brown corduroy type of cloth.

Edited by azyeoman

• 9 months later...

I'm going to add the latest updated shots of the trays etc. You'll see that some of the items in the trays have changed and there are new additions. I hope you enjoy this trip through time vis-a-vis German medals. : ) The point of this collection was to try and obtain one of each other the TR medals mounted on a bar. Of course there are some that are so expensive that they're out of my level of collecting, but I'm satisfied with these and I hope you'll find them interesting.

Edited by azyeoman

Here's a fine contemporary WWI portrait in oil of an observer. I'm sure his parent's or wife had it painted. I hope he survived. It's nice to have a portrait and the man's medals. I wish I knew his name.

Edited by azyeoman

Starting from 1848 and going forward... Again I like the bars which show that a man fought on one side in 1866 and then four years later was fighting in the Franco-Prussian War, but with the former enemy.

Edited by azyeoman