News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Forgot the ribbon bar in the previous shot. Again a KM group for Deutschland to Heinz Eissermann. This came right from the vet via someone in Germany and is accompanied by many photos, postcards and his POW papers, which verify all the medals on the bar, the Spanish Cross in bronze without swords and the two badges.

Edited by azyeoman

Dear God!

Now I know who keeps outbidding me!

What a FANTASTIC collection. I second Chris, may we see them individually? You and I clearly have been dueling with each other. I too bid on NCOs and non com groups! I Love the Saxe Coburg group. I recognize several of the bars as being ex Stogie collection too.

In a word, WOW!

Fantastic frames!!! If you have time over xmas, could you do then singley, back and front? :-)

I'll try but I've got a job.... : ) Anything in particular that you want to see? Most of these come from dealers and so I've not bid on them. As for the ex-Stogie collection; I must plead ignorance and admit that I don't know who Stogie was. I like groups with tailor tags too so many of these have them. Although not a certainty by any means of making a bar legit, it certainly helps. It's nice to know people appreciate these.

attachicon.gifGerman 10.jpgOne of the more interesting trays with some nice enamel pieces and some nice Turkish medals too.

There it is!?! I found that medal bar at long last. The little unique four medal one; EK2, LuH, HK, Japan Rising Sun.

At least I believe it the same one -same medals. Good to see it again. I see it is in great company.

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/38228-anyone-seen-my-medal-bar/

You have a lot of great bars. An outstanding collection. Thanks for posting them!

There it is!?! I found that medal bar at long last. The little unique four medal one; EK2, LuH, HK, Japan Rising Sun.

At least I believe it the same one -same medals. Good to see it again. I see it is in great company.

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/38228-anyone-seen-my-medal-bar/

You have a lot of great bars. An outstanding collection. Thanks for posting them!

Thank you. Coming from you and the guys above, I'm flattered. Regarding the Japanese medal, do you know how many of these were awarded to Germans and why they would have been? Would the man have been in the navy or foreign service?

Thank you. Coming from you and the guys above, I'm flattered. Regarding the Japanese medal, do you know how many of these were awarded to Germans and why they would have been? Would the man have been in the navy or foreign service?

I tried to ask many of those same questions myself.

On the Japan forum I received a lot of great help. In general however, much of the recipient records have been destroyed in WWII. Numbers and who are mostly lost.

In addition to the RS (Rising Sun) the ST (Sacred Treasure) would be awarded to foreigners. While not conclusive, it is generally believed that the RS would be handed out to military and civilian foreigners for official visits, diplomatic occasions, etc. by Japanese notables. The ST might be awarded by the Japanese military to worthy foreign military officers for noticed military exploits or liaison services to Japan.

As for navy or foreign service? It might be both. But I’m guessing a Navy bar. Could you show some close up photos of the front, but especially the reverse. What color is the backing?