News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Order of Aftab

Markus

What a beauty! The workmanship is simply breathtaking.

I dread to think what this sold for at auction ... especially if it was intimated that the craftsman was associated with Faberge.

• 5 months later...

" Exceptional Set of the Order of the Sun Aftab of Persia Iran Empire compreising Sash Badge , Silver set with Diamonds brillant cut , and original silk sah , with Breast Star in Silver set with Diamonds brillant cut , in Original Case of Issue . Very fine to excellent Condition , and from the highest Rarity !!

This Set belonged to the Wife of French President Sadi Carnot , who was conferred this Order by Nasseredin Shah following his Sate Visit in 1895 ."

Another stunning example of this order!

If you are looking for an extra nice Christmas present to give to yourself this year the above shown set is the way to go.

Feel free to purchase it here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Persia-Iran-Exceptional-Set-of-Order-of-the-Sun-Aftab-for-Princesses-in-Case-/151156607104?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2331a2c880

I suggest selling your racing car :lol:

• 4 years later...

Wow no one has been here a good while. 

I was very surprised to come across this. Is this really an order of aftab? Never seen an example like this. Looks alot like an order of sun and lion. Anyone seen similar?

6346601c-dec0-4a03-8829-a89300ef2c8a.jpg

• 2 years later...
    On 17/03/2012 at 06:23, Mitya Ivanov said:

No-no-nо, Markus! I'm not a great scholar (you are too kind, thanks) and Mary and George visited India in Nov. 1905 - March 1906 and not in 1904. Her memory failed to remember the year:)

I've asked one of my friends to help us and to read day-month on this firnan - but there are none, he says:( Just the year 1323.

There is a date:"Mohrarram 1323 Hijri" which is a month. from 08/03/1905 to 06/04/1905

Nawab means:a price or princess who is successor the the throne, also it means 2nd in charge 

On 31/03/2012 at 22:46, James Hoard said:

So, the phrase is actually navvab-e 'aliyye-e a'aliyye, which is translated as Her Imperial Highness Princess. The navvab tells one that it is a prince or princess. The 'aliyye replaces vala which is used for males, and so informs one that it is a female. The a'aliyye tells you she is of the first rank of princess (Imperial Highness), as opposed to 'aliyye aghdas (second rank or Royal Highness) or simply 'aliyye (third rank or plain Highness).

Cheers,

James.

100 % correct translation.

On 31/03/2012 at 23:49, James Hoard said:

Wrong, as per usual.

The navvab tells one that it is a prince or princess. The 'aliyye replaces vala which is used for males, and so informs one that it is a female. The a'aliyye tells you she is of the first rank of princess (Imperial Highness), as opposed to 'aliyye aghdas (second rank or Royal Highness) or simply 'aliyye (third rank or plain Highness).

Princesse de Galles is a quite separate TERRITORIAL designation.

In Firman, the "princess de Gal" was written as a single name.So Princess was part of her name.

In Farsi wr dont' have Princess, instead we have shah-dokht  which means daughter of shah.