News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 1 month later...

Medal bar:

• Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse
    • Roter-Adlerorden 4.Klasse
    • Kronenorden 3.Klasse
    • Rote-Kreuz-Medaille 2.Klasse
    • Dienstauszeichnungskreuz
    • Rote-Kreuz-Medaille 3.Klasse
    • Südwestafrika-Denkmünze in Stahl
    • Kaiser-Wilhelm-Gedächtnismedaille (Centenarmedaille)
    • Königlich Bayerischer Militär-Verdienstorden 3.Klasse mit Schwertern am Bande für Kriegsverdienst

• Herzoglich Sachsen-Ernestinischer Hausorden, Ritterkreuz 1.Klasse mit Jahreszahl 1914

• Herzoglich Anhaltisches Friedrichkreuz am grün-weißen Bande
    • Großherzoglich Badischer Orden vom Zähringer Löwen, Ritterkreuz 1.Klasse
    • Herzoglich Braunschweigischer Orden Heinrichs des Löwen, Ritterkreuz 2.Klasse

The shine on the medals is really high and it's hard to get good look at them in this photo.  However this photo appears to have been taken at about the same time period as the first photo in this thread.   Thanks to Dave's list of awards, we can extrapolate their identity in this photo (with just a slight difference in the ordering). 

In my opinion, that last medal is the Braunschweig Order of the Lion -2nd Klass

• 1 year later...

Fischer's lower cross looks like Vatican's Pro Ecclesia Pontifice  Cross, established by Leo XIII, July 17, 1888. 

As to Schlegel--maybe a Bulgarian Military Bravery Order 4th class, 2nd division with swords just before the Ernestine.   

Edited by 922F
    spelck

Hello!

1)

Dr. Nikolaus Anton Foohs, priest of 3rd bavarian Inf.Div.

Wounded badge for two wounds, EK I and EK II, MVO4 with crown and swords, Prinz-Luitpold-Medal

2)

Rupert Mayer, priest of 8th bav. Res.Div. ("man in the mirror")

EK I (first german priest with EK I) and II, MVO4, Würtemberg order of merit, austrian Franz-Joseph medal

b.23.Inf.Rgt. (Rgt. Stab, Feldgeistlicher, Divisionspfarrer Foohs).JPG

b.8.Res.Div. (Stab, Pater Mayer) - Kopie.jpg

Edited by The Prussian

• 2 weeks later...

EK I (first german priest with EK I) and II, MVO4, Würtemberg order of merit, austrian Franz-Joseph medal

-MVO am Band für Militärbeamte (on military official´s ribbon)

-Franz Josef Ritter am Kriegsband

-Friedrich 1st with X and later Hindy cross with X

His medal bar is shown in a bavarian museum in Munich.

Foohs also did earn the MVO on the same ribbon.

I also have a few pics of decorated priests.

The pro ecclesia cross is a nice decoration and not so easy to find on bars.

I have had 3 of them. I still have one. It was one of my first bar´s and offered by Militaria Beck.

This guy is gone a long time.

Edited by ixhs

• 2 months later...
    On 09/03/2018 at 05:16, Bayern said:

The Tunic is rare, litzen on the collar, bright plain buttons , brest pockets and what appears to be Saxon cuffs.

Hi,

far from it, i am afraid. Uniform of Bavarian Landespolizei of which he was their Oberpfarrer

Dr. phil. Josef Schneider (*10.1.93 München, + 21.4.52 München)
    Volontary  Militärkrankenwärter, Priesterweihe 22.7.17, Lazarettgeistlicher bei der bayer. 6.Ldw.Div.
    EKII, EKI, MVO4 m. Krone u. Schwertern, preuß Rot-Kreuz-Medaille und bayer. Verdienstkreuz für freiw. Krankenpflege im Kriege. Thanks for the above data to the Prussian and another colleague.

My research:

After the war Oberpfarrer der bayrischen Landespolizei, fired by the NSDAP and wrongly (false accusation) convicted for homosexual activities. In prison till 1940. He had held church service for the policemen who died during the Marsch on Feldherrenhalle. That´s why he got fired by the Nazis.

Best,

GreyC

xxxxx.thumb.jpg.a28d95a7ee1db30d100d0a79921a9d7e.jpg

Edited by GreyC

Many years ago I spent far too much time on weekends hanging about a store which sold medals and militaria.  I even worked there one summer and an occasional customer, in Toronto, Canada in the 1980s, was a Lutheran minister who needed to renew the ribbons on his WWII German medals, which he wore on Remembrance Day [November 11th] and possibly on other occasions.

• 1 month later...
    14 hours ago, toot said:

it sure looks CATHOLIC to me!!

Erich Schlegel was not a Roman Catholic. If you are referring to the pectoral cross he is wearing- these were not just worn by Catholic Bishops.

45 minutes ago, P.F. said:

Erich Schlegel was not a Roman Catholic. If you are referring to the pectoral cross he is wearing- these were not just worn by Catholic Bishops.

thank you for responding to my quote. what is a pectoral cross ? what is the meaning of it? thanking you.

• 6 months later...