News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Won a large lot of uniforms from auction what do you think?

Second a First World War Officers Service cap for the Canadian Medical Corps a couple of names written on the interior leather sweat band but i can't make them out. Decent shape with no mothing just a slightly wonky brim (but i think that can be worked out)

th_DSCF1084.jpg

th_DSCF1086.jpg

th_DSCF1087.jpg

th_DSCF1088.jpg

th_DSCF1089.jpg

th_DSCF1091.jpg

th_DSCF1092.jpg

No.6

A real gem in this lot a complete ww2 RAF officers uniform. What makes this uniform very very rare is that it is badged to an Eagle Squadron Pilot. There was only 244 pilots in the Eagle squadrons who would have worn these patches and these uniforms seldom come onto the market. The cap is named to a Pilot Officer Care. Prelim research pulls up one Eagle squadron pilot with that last name. Raymond C Care flew with 71 Squadron 1941-43and was transfered to the USAAF in 1943. In 1944 he was shot down by flak and taken POW. By that time he had 6 confirmed kills and one probable.

th_DSCF1105.jpg

th_DSCF1109.jpg

th_DSCF1110.jpg

th_DSCF1112.jpg

th_DSCF1113.jpg

th_DSCF1114.jpg

th_DSCF1117.jpg

th_DSCF1118.jpg

th_DSCF1120.jpg

th_DSCF1123.jpg

Now for the keepers

First up this simple black beret 1944 dated and in terrific shape with no mothing a great find and my South Alberta Regiment badge will look great on it.

th_DSCF1177.jpg

th_DSCF1178.jpg

Edited by censlenov

Must be one of the largest single lots of uniform and headdress that I have seen for some time. You did

very well and should certainly recover your outlay from the items you are going to sell. The Eagle Sqd. will,

I am sure, attract attention. Mervyn

Thanks for all the great comments gents. I was quite surprised when all this was listed in a single lot. It's my hope by selling the "rejects" i'll be able to make back my outlay and keep the rest in the collection.

The RNWMP tunic didnt come with the sam browne but i'm sure i have an early ww1 sam browne that would look great on it in the storage room at home.

There is a big show the Easter long weekend that i will be taking some of the "rejects" to in hopes of making some trades/cash. Otherwise i hope to sell on the forum or privately and avoid ebay at all cost.

Cheers

Chris