News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Imperial Constitution Promulgation Medal

Dieter3

• Replies 117
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let`s sum up ;)

In case of Imperial Constitution Promulgation Medal we have three types of attachement gear

Type 1 ("hecho a mano sewed" style of gear attachement)

Type 2 ("sewed" style of gear attachement - made by workshop that manufactured the ribbon - obviously very professionaly and quite uniform attachement style)

Type 3 ("late standart" style of gear attachement)

And of course there are specimens without any gear.

• 2 weeks later...

BTW, does anybody have any reliable data about

a) the minted pieces

b) the awarded pieces.

c) the number of entitled persons, who were allowed to wear/receive the Imperial Constitution Promulgation Medal

If my memories correct, Nick K. mentioned in an old threat at WAF 10 golden medals were awarded?

Above mentioned questions are refer to the silver medal.

BR, Chris

Splendid, Nick!

This brings up the next question (I'd like to refer back to my questions posted in #110):

Is there any chance to date or refer to any epoch each of the above summarised three types? Or are they all within the Meiji-area?

I guess, to answer this question, it is necessary to know further background. E.g. Was it worth it to produce" several types" for manageable number of recipients? Until when was the Imperial Constitution Promulgation Medal awarded...? Etc.

BR,

Chris

Splendid, Nick!

This brings up the next question (I'd like to refer back to my questions posted in #110):

Is there any chance to date or refer to any epoch each of the above summarised three types? Or are they all within the Meiji-area?

I guess, to answer this question, it is necessary to know further background. E.g. Was it worth it to produce" several types" for manageable number of recipients? Until when was the Imperial Constitution Promulgation Medal awarded...? Etc.

BR,

Chris

The safe one will be: "they are all within Meiji"

We are talking of course about Wedding, Constitution, Yellow Ribbon 1st type and 1874 War Medal.

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrr,

Nick

The safe one will be: "they are all within Meiji"

We are talking of course about Wedding, Constitution, Yellow Ribbon 1st type and 1874 War Medal.

That would mean, no production / minting of any above mentioned medals in Taisho area? Even not for memento reasons in the (let's say) 1920s?

BR,

Chris

That would mean, no production / minting of any above mentioned medals in Taisho area? Even not for memento reasons in the (let's say) 1920s?

BR,

Chris

Unfortunatly I don`t have any precise info regarding production of these oldies during Taisho era or later ...

• 1 year later...