News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My tribute to the crew of K-141 "Kursk"

Phil2012

Another "Kursk" badge you could meet:

2dim0xh.jpg

This is not a commemorative badge of the wreck: it's from a set about "Antei" class submarines (NATO "Oscar II") including more or less than 10 badges (I don't know exactly). In this set, as you guess, there is a specific black enamelled ribbon for each ship: "K-266 Oriol", "K-119 Voronezh", "K-132 Irkutsk", etc...

Paul R, I don't know if I understand you question well, but if you ask about posthumous awards the answer is yes. All the crewmembers were awarded with the Order of Courage, and Captain 1st rank Lyachin also was awarded with the Order of Hero of the Russian Federation.

The Order of Courage:

20hpla8.jpg

You can see this medal on the tomb of all crewmembers:

ztahpd.jpg

Yes, that was the answer I was looking for. Did this order replace the Order of Lenin?

The Order for Courage replaced the Order of the Red Banner (for military personnel) and the Order for Personal Courage (for civilians).

Edited by TacHel