Laurence Strong

Ehrenkrueuz der Deutschen Mutter / Mothers Cross

Hi Andy. I think your cross looks fine, as does the case. Not one of the more common makers either!

Looks great Andy, And Hes right about the Maker.

By the way, I think these are the nicest awards out there.

Dan

One of mine

I used to have a list of the Makers on the cases for these, Ill try and dig it up

Edited by Sauce

Guest Darrell

I'll repeat it here mate ... a ton of makers .... looks better each time I look at her :beer:

Just got this one..It looks good to me but i just want to be sure..What do you guys think?

I think.... she must have been a bit of a Go'er...eh, nudge, nudge.... wink, wink .... say no more..... :blush:

Guest Darrell

Hey Andy .. for a vast selection of examples I ALWAYS go to Kai Winkler's site ... I scanned through the ton he has for sale ... and saw this one that has the same "low" engraving style as on yours. It wasnt cased, so no way to tell if the same maker, but it shows these variations like yours exist :beer:

Guest Darrell

I'd like to know the process of how these were made. If the engraving was done during the metal cutting process (at the same instant) or after by some stamping tool. That would explain why each "engraving" can be off by a little bit. Depends how you hit the stamp when making contact with the medal.

Hi all,

I have a German Mother's Cross in Gold I would like to put on the forum. It is in great shape and maintains most of its original finish. I am pretty certain it is a good one but I have had some bad luck with TR badges so any opinion on this is welcome, as well as if anybody knows the specific type or maker of this Mutterkreuz in Gold.

Thanks,

Pat

Guest WAR LORD

A nice example.

Thanks War Lord,

Here is my other Mothers Cross in gold, slight damage to the enamel work and no original ribbon. Again, I think this one is another good one but please let me know your ideas on it.

Thanks,

Pat

and the back, in excellent condition. Were there many makers of these? Both of mine are unmarked.

Pat

Guest WAR LORD

Original, but I would humbly sugest that you replace it. They are reasonably common and not expensive. I believe these are a very beautiful award and much under appreciated. They make a very good avenue to make a collection of..