News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ehrenkrueuz der Deutschen Mutter / Mothers Cross

• Replies 90
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Darrell

Hey Andy .. for a vast selection of examples I ALWAYS go to Kai Winkler's site ... I scanned through the ton he has for sale ... and saw this one that has the same "low" engraving style as on yours. It wasnt cased, so no way to tell if the same maker, but it shows these variations like yours exist :beer:

Guest Darrell

I'd like to know the process of how these were made. If the engraving was done during the metal cutting process (at the same instant) or after by some stamping tool. That would explain why each "engraving" can be off by a little bit. Depends how you hit the stamp when making contact with the medal.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have a German Mother's Cross in Gold I would like to put on the forum. It is in great shape and maintains most of its original finish. I am pretty certain it is a good one but I have had some bad luck with TR badges so any opinion on this is welcome, as well as if anybody knows the specific type or maker of this Mutterkreuz in Gold.

Thanks,

Pat

Thanks War Lord,

Here is my other Mothers Cross in gold, slight damage to the enamel work and no original ribbon. Again, I think this one is another good one but please let me know your ideas on it.

Thanks,

Pat

Guest WAR LORD

Original, but I would humbly sugest that you replace it. They are reasonably common and not expensive. I believe these are a very beautiful award and much under appreciated. They make a very good avenue to make a collection of..

• 1 month later...