News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Gentlemen, this booklet accompanied an EK2 I received from Germany. Unfortunately, there is no other documentation to substantiate the EK2 as being awarded to him. Just curious as to what this booklet was issued for and if anyone has any possible information on the name Jacobi from Munich. I thank you for any information you can provide.

Regards,

Joel

additional pictures

Joel,

Nice find. It is an Ersatz-Reserve-Pass, which is essentially a Milit?rpass issued for a member of the replacement reserve. If you are not familiar with them, Milit?rp?sse are the Imperial equivalent of the Wehrpass issued from about 1935 onwards. The Ersatz-Reserve-Pass sometimes also contains information not found in a Milit?rpass, but usually entered in a Soldbuch.

As a record of a soldier's military service, it will probably tell you more about his time spent in uniform, from induction and training right the way through to discharge and pension entitlements, than any other single document. The entries in the various sections provide plenty of research potential.

A quick perusal of your scans indicates that he was a confectioner by trade and possibly did not see any active service. Entries on pages not shown might reveal more about the previous owner.

While they seem to be highly under-rated by most collectors, I have lost count of how many I have and cannot get enough of them.

I actively collect Milit?rp?sse, Soldb?cher and award documents, preferably in groups. The actual awards are only an incidental sub-section of my collection.

David

Edited by David Gregory

David,

Thank you very much for your information. I actually got this book as a bonus to a deal I conducted for an EK2 from a dealer in Germany. I may even look to trade this book as well as a Soldbuch which I'll post later for those interested in trading for Imperial German medals. Thanks again for the info David.

Regards,

Joel