Gentleman's Military Interest Club

What do youn think about this ?

Offered for sale now, Zaehringer Loewen Knight first class , sorry for the small pics but can you see anything disturbiing ?

Best regards Christer

It looks like a nice one from these pictures.

yes agreed -from these photos.

True story; long before the days of internet, I bought a OZL from Manions. The catalog had a photo of the front, but when I received it and turned it over it was FLAT as a board. just the main piece a one-sided poured pot-metal with green stones affixed to the obverse and the reverse was as featureless as a reverse HK (without hallmarks). (This must have been a museum piece, because it would never satisfy as a fake to anyone who could pick it up and look at the backside.)

There return policy required that I write, at length, what was wrong with the piece....really?!? Their crack experts at Manions didn't know that real OZLs have "something" on the back side.

Final insult was that while they returned my money for the cross, they would not return the buyer's premium or the shipping cost. I have never used them again.

Good cross! Late 19th century, and gold. If it's not damaged, go for it! ;)

True story; long before the days of internet, I bought a OZL from Manions. The catalog had a photo of the front, but when I received it and turned it over it was FLAT as a board. just the main piece a one-sided poured pot-metal with green stones affixed to the obverse and the reverse was as featureless as a reverse HK (without hallmarks). (This must have been a museum piece, because it would never satisfy as a fake to anyone who could pick it up and look at the backside.)

There return policy required that I write, at length, what was wrong with the piece....really?!? Their crack experts at Manions didn't know that real OZLs have "something" on the back side.

Final insult was that while they returned my money for the cross, they would not return the buyer's premium or the shipping cost. I have never used them again.

Never seen one of them, but the Göde pieces. Was it silver and glass, or rather plastic with odd som metal?

Never seen one of them, but the Göde pieces. Was it silver and glass, or rather plastic with odd som metal?

it was terrible. I don't know if it was plastic or glass stones, but the body was some kind of poor quality metal. It would be fine for a display in poorly-lighted, poorly-secured museum where the viewer couldn't get very close to it as an example of what Imperial Era awards look like. otherwise.....

Edited by Claudius

Thanks! That was probably a so called "museum copy" by Göde. Real crap...

The Zähringer Löwen that I started the thread with was sold for 685 Euro , probably to a German buyer ..

Weight 16,4 gram , 43 mm dia. Nice one awarded to a man who was at the Royal court of King Oscar II in Sweden. Sad to see the Orders now

sold all over and a group of 12 awards splitted up.

Christer