News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

unknown breast star

tifes

Colleagues,

could someone of you identify this breast star decoration? It seems to be of Ottoman Empire origin but maybe I am wrong. Decoration is a product of famous Vienna firm - "C. F. Rothe und Neffe". Needle is definitely showing Rothe maker's mark and hallmarks for precious metal (double "A" probably for silver) and time period would be 1872-1922. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

sefit

Hi, picture is not mine but I will ask my colleague who is having the original one to send me closer image of the obverse part with the inscription. For now thank you for help.

• 2 years later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Jerome.. But i doubt that its any Bahawalpur Order... Specially Imtiaz - Haroonia

That is because the calligraphy in the center is very different than bahawalpur breast star. Infact its very close to ottoman empire.

Problem is i am not able to find on the info available in forum and internet that which ottoman empire breast star it is.

A comparison Pic is enclosed.

Pic 1: Unknown

Pic 2: Imtiaz i Haroonia, Bahawalpur

Pic 3: Ottoman Empire Breast Star

Regards,

Rishi

Rishi,

Don't forget toughras differ from ruler to ruler so it is possible to be a Bahawalpur order from an earlier period, I have seen this piece in several German catalogues described as unknown but I have always worked on the assumption that it is a Bahawalpur Order.

All the best,

Paul

• 1 year later...

Gentlemen,

I am now reliably advised that the inscription on the first star reads, "Al Kawkab Al Ahmar Al Gharbi" which translates as the, "Red Planet of the West" or more properly, "Mars of the West". Accordingly I am now of the view that this is a private society award.

Kind regards,

Owain

I vaguely remember seeing a medal of this same "order". I will try to dig it up again and post it. I remember it had this same "amateur" Arabic script.

Found it!

House Order Medal of Khedive Abbas Hilmi II. Gilt Bronze, Measuring 34mm in Diameter. (from "Kelisli"'s Flickr albums) 

8848683007_32637ea17f.jpg

Edited by Egyptian Zogist
    Found medal