News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Air Force Order a.k.a. "Flying Tigers" Order

JapanX

Interesting that these two mystical originaly were put on the auction together ;)

And the upper one has number 1 on reverse (which is completely in line with our "trial" hypothesis)

And back to Flight Medal.

Interesting that Peterson translated the name of this medal as Medal for Distinguished Airmanship (James W. Peterson (1962) Chinese Nationalist Medals and Awards. Award publications №1, Award publications, Lyons, Illinois)

Yes, as I said before trial medal may have any number ...

Couldn`t understand the name of the medal that you are bringing as an example (please post it name in English or (even better ;)) in Russian)...

By the way, if this piece is indeed trial medal, then I think this breast star is too ;)

http://gmic.co.uk/in...n-breast-strar/

I'm sorry, I don't know the English official name. My English ability is very bad, and I can't use English completely convey my meaning. The translation software is always mean translation wrong.

圆牌的奖章49年以前的印铸局奖章原装绶带都应是三色,五颜六色的绶带已经是50年代台湾时期的绶带。

Of course earlier ribbons were different JC ;)

Like I showed in posts #15 and #16.

By the way, do you have info about the exact time when medals and orders ribbons changed their colors?

I know that I happened somewhere between 1949 and 1951.

But I don't have any exact confirmed dates ...

Cheers,

Nick

• 2 months later...
    • 4 months later...

Going back to the mysterious medal in #1, Li Gongqing's website has it listed as a Nanjing Puppet Government award.

http://chinesemedal.wordpress.com/

Interestingly, the plum blossoms we've also encountered in the Order of the National Emblem I posted on another thread. The stars set in the blue edged squares design also recalls the Special Class of the Order of National Glory.

Edited by drclaw

• 10 years later...

Dear JapanX,

"The only question is: are brest star and Flight Medal related? " No, I don't think so, two different items.

image.jpeg.260eb44d92f5b9137348e1208b1469a5.jpeg

The  six medals of excellence : 

image.jpeg.b991da88cce8a5434c9aa2257363ff74.jpeg

image.jpeg.c3a4ceb1e4f376e0a962ecdb9d286c86.jpeg

Yours sincerely,

No one