News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Lenin Type 5

It all depends on the classification one uses. I'd say this is a type 4, variation 1.1 (in accordance with the Mondvor.narod.ru system: type 4 has a suspension, var. 1 has a dimple on the location of the screwpost, subvar. 1 has a stamped serial number).

What variation is this Order of Lenin Type 5?

Rrgards,

Bill

Nice one Bill ;)

Please check this page http://mondvor.narod.ru/OLenin2.htm

You type (Ferdinand is completely right) is type 4, variation 1, variant 1 (Тип 4, вариант 1, разновидность 1).

Cheers,

Nick

Edited by JapanX

• 4 years later...

Its incredible hard to say atm, as the prices are seriously going down lately, so i´d say anything between 1200 and 1800 Dollar is possible, i guess. It also depends on the condition and the possible enamel damage.

Others may be able to give you a more precise evaluation.

Many thanks Gents,

Also I have many more Russian medals and badges I picked up back in the early '90s. Is there a reputable price guide and a reference book  for Russian pieces?

McDaniel is the best book for Soviet material and goes into quite good detail. also Anatoli Kushenko's book Ordena CCCP, Aspekt 1994 is good as it gives approximate award dates, In Russian with English summaries. As to price guides none that I would recommend auctions and dealers lists are probably your best bet. There are books for Imperial material but nothing as comprehensive as the Soviet material.

Paul

The high end prices were driven by the Oligarchs who had so much money that it was a game to see who could spend the most. Now that the Russian economy is in the doldrums and oil is cheaper than mineral water they have had to rein in their horns, The other problem is that with the high end stuff the fakes get better so much so that it is almost impossible to tell the difference between the real and fake pieces which as a result a piece is considered a fake until it is unequivocally proved genuine. However with low to medium end material (up to a few thousand pounds) the market has held up much better than the Imperial material as the collector base is much more global so things such as Lenin's, Red banners &c still find ready buyers and every time we have Hero's star  there always seems to be plenty of bidders.

Paul