News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bulgarian Order for Bravery Soldiers Cross -Opinion

Hi,

I just found pictures of this unusual Sodiers Cross 3-4 Class

It has multiparts removable central medalions and the swords are the same as the Officers Class

Opinion wanted.

Regards

Graf

• Replies 52
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I found more information regarding this Order It is Size 38 x 38 mm W. 14,4 g

There are several opinions

1. The very first Prince Alexander Model 1880-1886 of the Soldiers Cross 3-4 th Class Similar cross features in Uwe Bretzendorfer Preiskatalog from 2007 ,however the size given is 35 x 35 mm and it looks finer and it is one piece construction

2. Officer 4-th Class without the ename- either lost or not yet added to the Cross ( the Cross is in a "raw" stage)

3, Soldier Cross 4th Class privately made by jeweler after WW1 period

4. None of the above -Fantasy Order

Regards

Graf

2. Officer 4-th Class without the ename- either lost or not yet added to the Cross ( the Cross is in a "raw" stage)

Enamel was added to each part separately (red enamel to the cross and center, white to the circle), on both sides and then parts were put together. This cross is already assembled, it would be impossible to add enamels to it now.

Hi New World,

Your arguments sound quite convincing.

I listed all these opinions, which i gathered out of the forum.

The most valuable, in my opinion, is No 3 - Soldier Cross 4th Class privately made by jeweller after WW1 period

It cannot be Original Awarded one, since the size of them was 34-35 mm This one is 38 mm

As I mentioned in Uwe Bretzendorfer Preiskatalog (2007) similar cross is listed on page 12 - Size 35 mm (picture)

I do not have Prof Pavlov book, however in none of the other books such cross is mentioned.

Graf

Hi New World

1. The very first Prince Alexander Model 1880-1886 of the Soldiers Cross 3-4 th Class Similar cross features in Uwe Bretzendorfer Preiskatalog from 2007 ,however the size given is 35 x 35 mm and it looks finer and it is one piece construction with smooth arms

Does anyone have Prof. Pavlov book. - is similar cross included in the book?

Graf

HI New World.

Then Opinion No3 - Soldier Cross 4th Class privately made by jeweller after WW1 period

remains most likely one..........unless proved otherwise

Graf

HI,

I agree with you

I might be wrong.

For this amount of money i recently got this nice set in an extremly rare box

The box is smaller then the standard ones and it is dark brown not black or green

Also it has the maker printed inside.

Graf

• 2 months later...

Dear Members,

I managet to obtain an example from this Interesting Soldier's Cross

I did not spen a fortune for it . Just luck.

The Cross is 38 x 38 mm without the ribbon ring .

The ring is marked "925" for silver.The Cross is made of silver

The quality is much better then the other Soldiers's crosses, including the 1941 Model (which in my opinion has the best finisn and details)

I am listing pictures of the Cross..

Regards

Graf

• 1 year later...

next to 1941 Model

Dear members, do all Crosses of the Order of the Bravery for soldiers awarded during World War II, had the "1941" date under the national coat of arms? Or were also awarded during World War II some crosses that had the date 1915?

Thanks for your answers.