News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bulgarian Order for Bravery Soldiers Cross -Opinion

Hi Igor

Thank you for bringing the battle of Shipka to my attention, fascinating to know that the Russian authorities gave all who participated a silver medal I suppose for having achieved a tremendous victory.  Appreciate showing those fine early bars that also belong to the heroes of Shipka.   Came across this fine early group from the same time period as the Bulgarian bars.  Interesting to note that their medal placements were connected to a clip on the reverse.  One does not come across early Romanian groups often so can't say if this was a common practice.

romanian early bar.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
    • Replies 52
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I just want to revive this topic with an item i got recently

Till now according to the existing books and our knowledge Order for Bravery without swords were awarded only in 4th Class for Officers However recently i came across to a cross that was awarded to a private who served in a medical Unit He cut off the swords very roughly om the battle  field Because the cross came directly from the family we can trust th information they gave to the fellow collector

My item is a Soldier Cross with out swords The cross was made without them The inspection of the cross showed no evidence of swords ever been on the cross the edges and the rims were fully intact The Cross came with a big Document, which i doubt could be related to it. The Document is for a Completed medical Course by NCO Very attractive one.

Those findings could bring more light to this topic and can change the believe that only Officers, Doctors and Clergy man were awarded this type of Bravery Orders

I also found Documents that show that Soldier Crosses, contrary to our knowledge, were awarded to Officers not only to lower ranks

005.JPG

008.JPG

005.JPG

001.JPG

Soldcrdoc.jpg