News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Pix of orders / medals being worn

Vatjan

• Replies 150
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[attachmentid=27461]

This is a interesting topic, great pics. Here is my contribution, I don't know if it has been posted.

Choibalsan and Zhukov (left)

Kommander Korpus G.K Zhukob (right), Marshal MPR H. Choibalsan (centre), Kommander 2nd G.M Schtern.

Khalkhin Gol 1939.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Комкор Г.К. Жуков (справа), Маршал МНР Х. Чойбалсан (в центре), командарм 2-го ранга Г.М. Штерн проводят совещание в степи у Халхин-Гола

• 1 month later...

OK, I finally found it, for some reason I was distracted. Would guess it is MRYL Badge (B V02).

What do I win? I already have the badge :P

Wow I didn't even see that, I guess I was distracted too! :blush:

I guess like in many other countries, at the end of the days broadcast the national anthem is played on TV, so here is the Mongolian anthem with lots of goodies for us to enjoy!

JC

Mongolian anthem

ps. I don't think we'll be able to ID them all but there are a few obvious ones.

SB

PS

LRB

A few titles of merit

and I believe an S03

Edited by fjcp

Let me try some stills. The best I can get from the YOUTUBE images.

Nice to see these worn, especially by well-known rock stars (which I assume these folk to be). Not there long enough to get "into" pop music, especially in a language some of whose sounds I don't think I shall EVER be able to make, much less speak, understand, or read with facility.

Image Anthem 1

OK, let us get rid of him, jewelery only.

Image Anthem 4b

OK, better. (Ignoring cleavage!)

Title of Merit (B A8) on the right // ??? / maybe Outstanding Worker of Culture (B S 03)?

I have to agree with your ID but why ignore the cleavage????

I guess it's the uniform! :P

Now back to the topic at hand I think that the old gentleman has a red banner of labour nestled between his polarstars.

My guess would be that they were awarded in that order ps/rbl/ps. I guess order of precedence didn't matter that much.

I suspect that this gentleman may have been a teacher of some sort I'll post the picture that led me to that conclusion in a minute.

JC

For those who want to sing along:

See: http://www.linguamongolia.co.uk/page71.html

The current national anthem was written in 1950. The music was composed by Bilegiin Damdins?ren (1919-1991) and Luvsanjamts Murjorj (1915-1996) and the words were written by Tsendiin Damdins?ren (1908-1986). The anthem was changed slightly in 1961 to include references to communism and the Communist Party, however the original words were restored in the early 1990's following the election of a democratic government. This anthem replaced the ?Internationale? - a communist workers song adopted following the proclamation of the Mongolian People?s Republic in 1924. Damdins?ren, a native of Dornod Aimag, was a giant of modern Mongolian literature, whose influence on modern writing is second only to that of Natsagdorj. He spent his formative years studying abroad in Leningrad (1933-38) where he became fluent in Russian, worked as a translator, and produced a diverse body of work including poetry, fiction, translation, history and literary criticism. In 1947 he published a beautiful translation of the Secret History in modern Mongolian, and was a three times winner of the prestigious ?State Prize?. He was also instrumental in the introduction of the Cyrillic script.

Rough English:

Our sacred revolutionary country

is the ancestral hearth of all Mongols

We will never yield at the foot of the enemy

and we will prosper for eternity

Forming into unified ranks

with all the honest countries of the world

let us develop our beloved Mongolia

with an iron will and all our strength

The fortunate people of brave Mongolia

have freed themselves from suffering and enjoy happiness

the pillar of delight, the key of progress

let our majestic nation live forever!

Forming into unified ranks

with all the honest countries of the world

let us develop our beloved Mongolia

with an iron will and all our strength

The site has more, including the anthem in bichig, cyrillic, and transliteration. It is a SUPER site otherwise!

Edited by Ed_Haynes

I just had to steal your picture Ed, I hope you don't mind.

I think that the little red and white badge on the right side of this picture is an "outstanding worker of the people's education" badge.(R 01-R 06)

Which variation will no doubt remain a mystery but I'm pretty confident of the ID, any thoughts?

I just had to steal your picture Ed, I hope you don't mind.

I think that the little red and white badge on the right side of this picture is an "outstanding worker of the people's education" badge.(R 01-R 06)

Which variation will no doubt remain a mystery but I'm pretty confident of the ID, any thoughts?

Yes!! Agreed. They aren't my pictures, from Mongolian TV after all.

Read the translation - seems "interesting" for the rock treatment of these sentiments!

I think "Mr. Jewelery" is the chap behind the apparently GREAT rock opera (yes!) on Chengiz Khan (yes yes!!). Wasn't able to get tickets when I was in UB. Sold out. :(

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Yes!! Agreed. They aren't my pictures, from Mongolian TV after all.

Read the translation - seems "interesting" for the rock treatment of these sentiments!

I think "Mr. Jewelery" is the chap behind the apparently GREAT rock opera (yes!) on Chengiz Khan (yes yes!!). Wasn't able to get tickets when I was in UB. Sold out. :(

Despite being in the music field myself, I can't imagine what that would be like.

I'm not passing judgement but I think I might let a chuckle or two slip at the wrong time.

Here is a picture of a Mongolian military man with his ribbon bar, not his actual medals but still interesting.

For those too lazy to look it up, here are what the first five ribbons are for:

1: Order of combat valour

2:Honorary medal of combat

3: Polar star (interesting that the combat medal is mounted before the PS, is this right?)

4:40 years of the MPR

5:50 years MPR

6:??? (possibly another medal of combat, but why would it be mounted there?)

7:?

8:?

Also what's the guy on the left have? Looks American, which really isn't my field.

JC

• 2 months later...