News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Pix of orders / medals being worn

Vatjan

• Replies 150
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi JC

This person got a 1921 Partisan badge. They should not be so commonly awarded?

True, about 400 or so were issued but no list of recipients just yet..... I wish this info was available....

I've got three that I'd love to ID!!

JC

Right now, getting one with the document is the only hope. While I doubt if rolls will emerge anytime soon, we can always hope.

I am working on an article for JOMSA on this one and Battushig is seeking more information, when the current chaos in Ulanbaatar grants him the time.

See: http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=4519

• 3 months later...

Not exactly one of "our sort", but here is Navaannzrg, one of the Mongolian emissaries to St. Petersburg before the revolution. While many of those on this delegation got Tasarist awards (giving them the idea for the Order of the Vajra), he is wearing a Chinese Imperial award here.

• 1 month later...
    Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: Hey Ed! You never heard of the Gobi Submarine Flotilla?! :rolleyes:

Note 3rd from last on his top row of medals he is also wearing the protection of the state frontiers border guards medal.

Border guard submarines in the desert.

Sure.

:unsure: very VERY secret! :cheeky:

• 1 month later...
    • 7 months later...
    • 1 year later...

Honored Employee of State Security Comrade Taya wearing the Honorary Badge of the Ministry of Interior along with the Order of the Red Banner of Military Valor. The photo shows that Comrade Taya, unlike his many other colleagues, did not change his older type badge and order with later type ones. The photo taken in late 1970s.

Honored Employee of State Security Comrade Taya wearing the Honorary Badge of the Ministry of Interior along with the Order of the Red Banner of Military Valor. The photo shows that Comrade Taya, unlike his many other colleagues, did not change his older type badge and order with later type ones. The photo taken in late 1970s.

Can not upload. The file is big even after compressing. Sorry!

• 6 months later...
    • 11 months later...