News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

Hauptmann dL H?ne had a fantastic early war as a combat Landwehr infantry officer, getting an EK1 in 1915. His Hamburg here was as a higher command communications officer

• Replies 103
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
    • 9 months later...
    Guest Rick Research

Cheesy but EXPENSIVE: a normal Red Tongues/Red Feet L?beck and...

[attachmentid=33313]

:speechless1: That's right folks-- Black Tongues/Black Feet in 935 silver

The shape of that cross is not QUITE Hanseatic, and the "convertible" disks suggest that this was a multi purpose die used to make a variety of different awards as needed. Note that the reverse disk lettering is too big, costing the final grammatical "e" off "Kriege."

In the absence of any others like this (or anything else) my best guess is NOT non-German fraud but expensively tacky 1950s "de luxe" piece for a vain old veteran.

Scanned by me from a local collection.

Guest Rick Research

From the same collection, for you outfitter's labels fans-- a firm well known to us all

[attachmentid=33314]

[attachmentid=33315]

Guest Rick Research

We had previously in the long interim between new posts in this thread resolved the "radiator paint" issue with absolute photographic proof that those were indeed bestowed DURING the war-- but I've forgotten if Bob or Ralph ended up with the medal bar and photos from Evil Ricky.

The 2 ring type always seem to have had a better metal finish, making them discernible at a glance, even when the suspension is fully covered as in Hptm dR aD Mathiscik's HHOX and 2 ring HH bar:

[attachmentid=33316]

compared to same scale with a classic Westphalian/"Dutch" draped medal bar with the usual 3 ring to a naval technical officer who has mounted his M1913 IX from Warrant Officer days at precisely the height his "halted for war's duration" but earned XXV would be hung at-- when he got it:

[attachmentid=33317]

scanned with permission of the local collector

Guest Brian von Etzel

PlMwO winner's Hamburg cross. I only thank God it was THIS one that took the hit over the years. My mother says it was broken like this when she got it in 1949. Got to be worth an extra Euro with the provenance. :o

Hello gents, here's my contribution - one of the first bars I ever got many moons ago. I like this one because of the way the medals are attached, very subtle use of thread especially on the EK2 - colour co-ordinated :P

cheers

Jason

Hello Gents, I'm usually a spectator on this forum. I've found I learn more just listening. Here I have some items to add, although a little late. I most times think that my offerings are not good enough to show here but I have a few medal bars stashed and here are some with the Hansa Crosses. I have no info on them but I think they are OK. The last pics are of a 9 ribbon lapel botton. Thanks, Hope you like, ALDO Sorry, I cannot seem to download my pics from photobucket. Any help out there?IPB Image

Edited by FLIEGERALDO