News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Interesting Japanese group of 11

RobW

• 2 months later...
    • Replies 129
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is it common to have the thread attached to stop the medals from swinging around too much?

Check out this group guys!

Very nice and authentic one (IMHO of course :)) issued for Nomonhan Incident.

This time cavalier used the wire as attachement device for his medals!

I've seen many of these Nomonhan Border Incident bars colored like that - some medals too - were there actually TWO types of ribbons, or are these all just interesting fade/change patterns? The other bars there look pretty normal!

You see the white stripes looks "too pure white" for fading scenario...

Also I saw some pretty faded ribbons for this medal and they still have these two stripes in yellow ...

Maybe sometimes "they" (whoever they might be ... a different manufacturer?) just forgot to apply the last layer of light yellow paint ...

Edited by JapanX

You see the white stripes looks "too pure white" for fading scenario...

Also I saw some pretty faded ribbons for this medal and they still have these two stripes in yellow ...

Maybe sometimes "they" (whoever they might be ... a different manufacturer?) just forgot to apply the last layer of light yellow paint ...

Yes, always with these white stripes! Very interesting. A legitimate variant? Hmmmm......