News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Gents, I am hoping some others would have one of these to compare. It seems a bit funny that I don't think I have ever seen this particular badge posted for discussion before or at least not that often. It's not the most eye-catching but is well-made and nicely marked. Have a nice weekend. Robert ":beer:"

File0211.jpg

File0212.jpg

Very nice Robert, it's true that we don't see these badges very often. I don't own one, but a friend of mine does, I've just checked the images I have of his one & yours matches perfectly.

Would be nice to see if anyone else has one, they came in a smaller stickpin form as well. I've only seen Junker marked ones, it would be interesting to see if there are any with other makers out there.

Cheers

Don

Very nice Robert, it's true that we don't see these badges very often. I don't own one, but a friend of mine does, I've just checked the images I have of his one & yours matches perfectly.

Would be nice to see if anyone else has one, they came in a smaller stickpin form as well. I've only seen Junker marked ones, it would be interesting to see if there are any with other makers out there.

Cheers

Don

Don, I too would like to see a marked stick-pin version of this badge. My version is unmarked so I have my doubts about it. Robert

wehrmachtgefolge?

wehrmachtgefolgte?

help me mit mein deutsche!

i assume this is a commemorative

to some one killed in action.

thanks!

BTW, in its simplicity rests its beauty.

joe

Joe, I beleive this badge is for army office personell (sp?) I took the German out of Husken"s book. Robert

[attachmentid=26039][attachmentid=26040]

Here is my un-marked miniature example. Although I have my doubts because of its' lack of markings, the workmanship on it is very good. Perhaps they made stamped examples w/o markings? I can only hope. Maybe other members have some to show. Robert :rolleyes:

File0215.jpg

File0216.jpg

My pair are exactly the same as Roberts, Large solid same markings, small hollow pressed stickpin.

The only other thing I can think to say is that the large was for females, and the small was for men.

Regards,

Pete

• 1 year later...

Don, I believe the correct marking should read "Entw.Fec.O.Placzek.Berlin". Entwurf in German is scetch or outline ;)

Nick, thanks for posting this pin. The lack of the lower cut-outs and the different position of the maker's mark suggests at least two different dies. The pin is a dead-ringer though. Is there some sort of lacquer present?

KR

Peter

wgf.jpg

Some nice looking pins there Nick, looks like you've caught the bug as well

Don Its certainly looking that way :rolleyes:

Peter thanks for the comparison photo. There seems to be a few identical attributes, the pins look very similar(50mm) also yours seems to have the same manufacturing marks at the 2 o'clock position on the outer edge. I am a little concerned by the fact mine does not have cut outs as all my reference pictures do. Also the lettering on the reverse is raised but is very faint especially at the top where it is unreadable. What I can make out is the words 'PLACZEK BERLIN' and on the bottom line 'JUNKER BERLIN'. It is laquered in a dark bronze wash. It does feel right......... but ???

Don, I believe the correct marking should read "Entw.Fec.O.Placzek.Berlin". Entwurf in German is scetch or outline ;)

KR

Peter

Indeed it should Peter :beer: , a typing error & a mistake in not re reading my own post :blush:. Thanks for pointing it out.

Cheers

Don

• 2 weeks later...
    • 4 months later...

Robert, I found the brother to your hollow badge today. The comparison shot illustrates minor differences between the two versions i.g. the beak and cut-outs. I also noticed a difference in size, the solid is 23.65mm and the hollow 24.15mm.

cheers

Peter

2xwg.jpg

Peter I would love to measure mine for comparison to yours. Could you tell me what you use to get such exact measurements. My metric ruler isn't quite up to the task. Digital caliper or some such thing? Happy Sunday Robert

Hi Robert,

This is the same kind of caliper which Pascal offered a while back. I presume you'll find it on the net.

It's tricky to measure these pins, you'll get different figures based on where you measure i.e. the vertical doesn't corrospond to the horizontal. I've marked where I placed the pin on the caliper. If you use the tips on the caliper, you'll get a slightly different outcome.

There is also another thing I can't figure out about the hollow type i.e. there is no sign of any solder material, still the flat part of the pin is only showing partly. Please check our's and let me know how it looks. Well, back to the pots and pans for a Sunday dinner :cheers:

cheers

Peter

caliper.jpg