News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Peter Yours looks slightly diferent than mine including the knurling on the needle being 2 more knurls higher. Under the tarnish I can see some solder as well on mine. If you like and Don feels inclined or Nick for that matter, we could move our obverses and reversestogether for comparisons sake. I need to spring for a decent measuring device and thank you for the scan. Is there a brand name on it? Finally, and most importantly, what did you have for Sunday dinner? My wife is from Navala, Finland and if I twist her arm she makes a great dish called Pasti. Is that served in Sweden as well? Good Sunday Robert

Robert, I think both our hollow badges are close to identical. My pin is soldered a bit higher on the badge, hence the difference in knurls. The two most significant differences between the solid and hollow type, are the chest-feathers and the eye. The solid type shows a perfect circle, the other a slightly oval shape. There is no brand name on the gadget, but I'll see if I can find it for you.

As for dinner, spicy minced beef in puff paste, jummy :D . Can't help you with the other question, the only Finnish "dish" I'm familiar with is VODKA :cheers:

cheers

Peter

• 11 years later...