News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Japanese Officers with Korean Awards

JapanX

• Replies 95
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure assembling these images required much research and diligent work. Your effort merits utmost admiration and respect! Do you know whether any of these individuals' groups remain intact and/or possibly displayed? Sincere thanks for sharing these magnificant images!!!

Edited by 922F

Fantastic Nick! Thanks for taking the time to post these images.

And I see Admiral Baron Dewa Shigetō (post #21 and 22) is wearing a magnificent First Class, Third Grade Double Dragon below the Rising Sun star.

Would you mind emailing me the original image? I'm slowly building up a quite a collection of Double Dragon recipients.

I'm sure assembling these images required much research and diligent work. Your effort merits utmost admiration and respect! Do you know whether any of these individuals' groups remain intact and/or possibly displayed? Sincere thanks for sharing these magnificant images!!!

Definitely some of these groups are unbroken and carefully stored in japanese private collections ;)

Others could be in museums - check this thread http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/46395-general-nogi/page__hl__%2Bgeneral+%2Bnogi (greatly unappreciated thread by the way!) for some of General Nogi awards.

Thanks,

Nick

Edited by JapanX

Would you mind emailing me the original image? I'm slowly building up a quite a collection of Double Dragon recipients.

Image was send.

Should we have a separate thread for Japanese with Chinese awards? :whistle:

Cheers,

Nick

Thanks Nick!

Oooh, a thread for Japanese with Chinese awards would be great!

But what which awards to pick -Qing, Warlord, Manchukuo or even more challenging, Wang Jingwei puppet government?

Thanks Nick!

Oooh, a thread for Japanese with Chinese awards would be great!

But what which awards to pick -Qing, Warlord, Manchukuo or even more challenging, Wang Jingwei puppet government?

Two separate threads ;)

One thread will be devoted to Qing and Warlords awards.

The other one to puppet governments awards.