News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Japanese Officers with Chinese (Qing Dynasty and Warlords Period) Awards

JapanX

• Replies 133
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nick, You are out-doing yourself!! My cordial thanks for your post 50 close-up. Prime Minister Giichi Tanaka certainly appears to wear a Bulgarian St. Alexander Order star. While I cannot make out individual letters, this opinion based not only on general star format but motto ring borders plus motto letter spacing and wreath spray. Perhaps he received it while in Russia after the First Sino-Japanese War??All the very best!!

Edited by 922F

Beautiful Nick! Thanks for posting these.

Public Prosecutor General Suzuki looks like an especially cheerful chap. Must be his role as Lord High Executioner ...

Giichi Tanaka became Baron in 1920 and is therefore not listed in the Peerage of Japan book of 1912. Unfortunately, there are no later publications of this Peerage book.

When he was in St. Petersburg in 1898 to study the Russian army, he was still of junior rank and unlikely to receive a grandcross. General Tanaka probably received most of his foreign orders when he was Prime Minister from April1927 till July 1929, as he was then concurrently the Minister of Foreign Affairs.

Pieter

• 2 weeks later...
    • 3 months later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 1 month later...