News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ribbon Bar of GM Paul Goerbig - last commander of Sennelager

This bar was not to hard to figure out who it belonged to. He was list in the Reichheeres Ranglist. His awards were unique enough for an identification. The been there awards are not on his awards list in his service record. Also, oddly enough and not uncommon his Czech campaign and long service awards are also not list. But he did have 25 years of service. The picture of him comes from his service rcord. GM Georbig was the last commander of the Sennelager Panzer trainign base.

Edited by Paul C

After the war Georbig wrote history of his last battle of April 10. I was able to down load it from 3fold.com. While it is somewhat interesting the US Army ranted it as having no value.

He is mistakenly listed in the Verlustlisten as Fähnrich Johann Goerbig, severely wounded in fighting between 17.2. and 6.3.1915 (his full name was Wilhelm Johannes Paul Goerbig).

His Dienstlaufbahn has him wounded on 22.2.1915 and sent to the Feldlazarett Chatel, then to the surgical clinic at Reserve-Lazarett II Tübingen, then somewhere I can't read, then Reserve-Lazarett III Neuwied, then Genesungsheim Bad Salzig, then Vereinslazarett Marienburg-Boppard. He was in the hospitals until 15.11.1915, when he returned to the Ersatz battalion of Pion.-Regt. 30.

In his list of combat service, it shows him from 14.10.14 to 22.2.15 in "Stellungskämpfe in den Argonnen, Kämpfe an der Maas, Einschließung von Verdun". So he was probably wounded at Verdun.

Edited by Dave Danner