News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Advice needed for 6th Dragoons Queens South Africa medal family group

Hi guys....I have been offered a family group of medals as follows...Queens South Africa medal with five bars,(I cant remember which five), awarded to a private,(again cant remember his name), in the 6th Dragoons. There is a small photo of the recipient cut from a carte de viste. There is a group of ww2 medals awarded to his son or grandson...I believe he sufferd injuries but died the following day when the transport ship he had been transfered to was sunk. there is also a general service medal awarded to another family member with a malaya bar. along with the medals there is also a bundle of photos and silk postcards etc...I have been offered this lot for offers around £300...bearing in mind that I will want to see a profit from this lot what would a reasonable offer be.....I don't collect these medals but they fund my habit for German Frauenschaft and Frauenwerk badges and related items....Chris

Hi guys....I have been offered a family group of medals as follows...Queens South Africa medal with five bars,(I cant remember which five), awarded to a private,(again cant remember his name), in the 6th Dragoons. There is a small photo of the recipient cut from a carte de viste. There is a group of ww2 medals awarded to his son or grandson...I believe he sufferd injuries but died the following day when the transport ship he had been transfered to was sunk. there is also a general service medal awarded to another family member with a malaya bar. along with the medals there is also a bundle of photos and silk postcards etc...I have been offered this lot for offers around £300...bearing in mind that I will want to see a profit from this lot what would a reasonable offer be.....I don't collect these medals but they fund my habit for German Frauenschaft and Frauenwerk badges and related items....Chris

Hi Chris......

Jump on it from great heights and smile.......

Good Price.....

Mike

Hi Mike, so I'll start negotiations off at £250 and aim to pay £275 and maybe make a little profit when I sell on..after I have done some research..Medal index cards, CWGC.org, etc etc....I will give the guy a call tomorrow to open negotians LOL....will post phots and details here If I purchase them ...Thanks again Chris

Chris - you have a QSA with 5 bars - some of which will be 'Battle' Bars. You have the Grandsons 2nd WW - Killed in Action

and , finally you have a GSM with Malaya Bar. The value has to be somewhere in the region of at least 350 Pounds.

Pay the offering price - which is fair - I'm sure you will make your profit. Mervyn